

**1. Opening** – Opened at 18:07

Kirsten Koolhof: Hello everyone, welcome by our last General Meeting (GM) and the 74<sup>th</sup> Boards first one! We hope you enjoyed your summer vacation and made the best out of it and stayed healthy. Apologies for the delay, this is due to trying out a hybrid.

**2. Announcements**

Kirsten Koolhof: First off, I see people joining but type out your question in the chat. For voting you have to be on separate Zoom sessions. Also, Kerem Özel is joining online due to being in Turkey.

- Amelie van den Boom: The voting sheets are incorrect.
- Kirsten Koolhof: Oh, that is correct, we will adjust this in a small break.
- Damian Waij: I cannot hear something from the audience.
- Kirsten Koolhof: Yes, we will repeat questions from the hall.

Kirsten Koolhof: Then also, we have two announcements to make:

- a. We want to make Amelie van den Boom a honorary member. We think this is reasonable since she has been in numerous committees, the Board, Advisory Board and is always willing to support and give advice.
- b. Also, Martijn van der Zee is unfortunately sick so the vice-chair, Demi Acquoy, will take over.

**3. Approval of Transcript**

Kirsten Koolhof: Anything to add to the transcript of the last GM?

- No adjustments to the transcript.

**4. Approval of Agenda**

Kirsten Koolhof: Anything to add to the agenda of this GM?

- No adjustments to the agenda.

**5. Voting**

Kirsten Koolhof: We want to introduce you to a new board member and vote for her: Iris Doodeman. This will mean that Iris Doodeman will replace Liza in the position of Secretary and Liza will not be a Candidacy Board member anymore. Iris Doodeman, can you please introduce yourself?

Iris Doodeman: Let me introduce myself, I am Iris Doodeman, 22 years old and I will try to do my Master's subjects next to the Board year. Please let me know if you have any questions!

- Casper van Tongeren: What is your history in the association?
- Iris Doodeman: In my second year I was Yearbook Committee Secretary, third year as a Barcie chairwoman and now I want to join the Board.
- Alessia van Overbeeke: Why did you decide to join?
- Iris Doodeman: I really liked how the people and the Board and association grew and I was consciously envious for Board members, and all my personal reasons of why I didn't want to become a Board member got lost during quarantine so that pulled me over the edge.
- Liz Masselink: What are you most excited for this year and what do you hope to learn?

- Iris Doodeman: Organizing a lot of stuff and meeting a lot of people, and learning from others as well. For example, stepping out of my comfort zone and things like standing up for myself.

**Andrew de Ruiter explains voting procedure.**

Voting: Iris Doodeman as Secretary of the Candidacy Board

- In favor: 18
- Against: 2
- Neutral: 2

**6. Evaluation Policy Plan 2019-2020**

Kirsten Koolhof: We will now evaluate the Policy Plan that we have set up for our academic year.

a. Commitment:

i. Mini Events:

Kirsten Koolhof: We reached our policy point for having at least 5 mini events. We had a lot of mini-events in real life and we had a few of them online. Some of them are better than others, but we looked into the best options to keep in touch with the members.

- Liz Masselink: Tosti Thursday, are they successful? Should they be repeated next year?
- Kirsten Koolhof: I think it was successful, also depending on how many people had class and more, but generally it was well visited and people liked it. We did buy a lot of groceries sometimes, but in the end, it worked out well, so we would recommend it next year, if possible.

ii. Transparency:

Kirsten Koolhof: We were sending out a newsletter monthly with information about the board and its events, this was the 'blog' part. In the end we did not have a lot to put in there, so that would be a point of improvement.

iii. External Relations:

Kirsten Koolhof: We had contact with the coordinators of Psychology and Pedagogical Sciences in the beginning of the year to set guidelines how to work together. We both kept to this agreement and had a pleasant experience. We wanted to set up a Tutor Borrel in March but this got cancelled due to COVID-19.

iv. Merchandise:

Kirsten Koolhof: We made umbrellas, coffee mugs and bomber jackets. We didn't sell a lot of them also partly due to COVID-19 and the logistics that didn't work out for selling online. We recommend the 74<sup>th</sup> Board to keep selling them.

v. VSPVU-room:

Kirsten Koolhof: We updated the room with a few additions and a change of layout. We added a new couch and new bar, we cleaned on a regular basis and made sure it looked presentable.

b. Members:

i. New Members:

Kirsten Koolhof: We have a total of 476 new Bachelor Members and 15 new Master Members, so we did not reach the policy goal of 499 Bachelor Members.

- Demi Acquoy: Maybe I see this wrong but there is 499 on the top and 484 on the bottom?
- Karlo Welch: It's the total Members and expected Bachelor Members.

ii. Member Initiative:

Kirsten Koolhof: We organized two Member Initiatives, but only one of them happened which was the beer tasting. It was a very good event and a lot of people enjoyed themselves there. The other one we got canceled due to COVID-19.

- Sjoerd van den Assem: Is the remainder money spent on a Board event?
- Alessia van Overbeeke: There's no money left after your event.
- Sjoerd van den Assem: How is that possible if you returned all bottles?
- Alessia van Overbeeke: Shall I explain it in the Financial Statement?
- Sjoerd van den Assem: Sure.

iii. Workshops:

Kirsten Koolhof: We had two workshops to help student in their academic development. The first one was about online skills to attract companies. The other one was about stress management. We think a workshop is still of added value to the student's life but in the highest quality has to be aimed for in order to make it useful.

iv. Active Member Application:

Kirsten Koolhof: All the people who wanted to be in a committee got sent an email. In the fourth week of September we sent out an information e-mail. This was done by the chairman if there was already one, and otherwise it was sent out by a Board member.

c. Committees:

i. Pilot Committees:

Kirsten Koolhof: We still have four pilot committees; Hitchhike, Parents' Day, Sports Committee and Online Committee. We were supposed to evaluate these during the General Meeting of June. This did not happen and this was due from a mistake of my part. I am sorry for this, but we will evaluate these now:

- The intention of the Hitchhike Committee is a lot of fun, bonds people, it is nice to compete and the weekend itself is often viewed as a very good experience. Though this committee had some issues over the years. It is hard to arrange it with the cars, the location and interest from the people. Besides that, with the come of COVID-19 the current form of Hitchhike is not reachable anymore. We strongly advice the Candidacy Board to adjust this committee in the upcoming year.
- The Parents' Day Committee was set up this year and had a lot of potential. Considering the previous edition, it was found very successful and a lot people were enthusiastic about this one. We therefore suggest to continue with this committee.
- The Sports Committee had various activities during the year. Some of the activities were visited better than others. Also, they were often very much alike activities from the Activity Committee. We advise the Candidacy Board to look into this committee and perhaps adjust it.
- This year, we implemented the Online Committee. The goal was to reach more members online and wider our online platform by for example an information email. This year the committee was not doing the tasks we expected and to add this to the Board is a lot of extra work. We suggest the Candidacy Board to implement this idea of replacing the Tranz into a different way.
  - Liz Masselink: What do you mean with "they did not do what you expect to do?"
  - Kirsten Koolhof: We had some expectations of the tasks that had to be done, but due to it not being a full committee and other tasks it was not doable,

but I do think it's good to look into other options of replacing the Tranz, yet we do not think this was the correct way.

- Kerem Özel: To clarify, we did not really know what we wanted to do with the committee and it became confusing, yet after making some guidelines it didn't fall in line with what they want and a member dropped out quickly. The chairman was chosen, not being applied to the function, so basically, she did not show the motivation that was needed to be an Active Member and in the end, we did not see the committee working out.
- Liz Masselink: Thank you!
- Thierry Witschge: I might have missed a part but the Online Committee didn't do a single thing, I guess?
- Kirsten Koolhof: Basically, yes.
- Thierry Witschge: That is really stupid because in a whole year nothing came out, but I think it is not only their fault as the Board could have motivated them more and more, but since it is part of your Policy Plan, I think it's quite disappointing to see that happening.
- Kirsten Koolhof: That is a really reasonable point and I think that's fair.
- Alessia van Overbeeke: Also, halfway through the year, this decision was taken.
- Liz Masselink: Yes, but still, if you gave them guidelines earlier they could have made something out of it but in the end, it was part of being the Board that a committee works.
- Kirsten Koolhof: Yes, that is unfortunate as to how that went.
- Kerem Özel: I think I want to make myself clear: We did give guidelines but perhaps they weren't specific enough, we wanted them to express themselves and they did not come up with anything in the end. We did give them options to do, and we had multiple Evaluation Meetings on which they said they would improve. At one point there is a limit of what we can do but, in the end, they showed zero responsibility.
- Amelie van den Boom: I agree with Kerem Özel, you cannot force people to do anything and we know how it is as a contact person of a committee that doesn't do anything. You cannot pull onto a dead horse forever.
- Liz Masselink: We get the point; the year is already over anyways.
- Thierry Witschge: Did you have Evaluation Meetings?
- Kerem Özel: Yes, we didn't call it that specifically but we did evaluate with the committee multiple times.

ii. Magazine Committee:

Kirsten Koolhof: This was changed into the Online Committee but things with that committee did not go smoothly. We recommended the Candidacy Board to look into the committee to adjust it.

iii. English Names:

Kirsten Koolhof: We used the English names which went well, it was clear towards externals and internationals. We do think the new hybrid names are a good in between of association identity and recognition, as shown in the previous General Meeting.

iv. Christmas Cards:

Kirsten Koolhof: We sent out the Christmas cards to all the active members and a few associations. They have been received positively.

d. Recognition:

i. Media:

Kirsten Koolhof: We invest more in Facebook paid promotion, Instagram paid promoting didn't work out in the end because you need a credit card, we did post more stories and were more active. The LinkedIn was updated with information about the association and its Active members.

- Liz Masselink: If you can use PayPal for Instagram, then you can use a normal card.
- Kirsten Koolhof: Oh yes, that is a good suggestion for the next Board.
- Thierry Witschge: So, I just wondered why this point comes up now, when there is apparently a solution which wasn't used all year. So, at the end of the year this comes up and therefore missing out on your own Policy Point. I think that's just a little short-sighted.
- Kirsten Koolhof: If we knew this was a solution, we would have handled quicker of course; I agree on that.

ii. Website:

Kirsten Koolhof: We tried to maximize the potential of the website by adjusting it with Genkgo during this year. We have re-arranged the whole website and made new pages for a better overview. The layout of the website has been updated to the newest version with all the features with it. We have made a new way to show vacancies and partners, as well as a new Activities and My VSPVU view where members can easily renew their membership. We've also reorganized the whole member file on request of Genkgo which opens up potential new features to come, and we have added international payments so we now support up to 34 countries in online payments under the same transaction fee.

- Amelie van den Boom: How many people did renew their membership?
- Kirsten Koolhof: 223 people that pay for their annual contribution, so the ones who have to pay 5 euros. These are now second year Bachelor students.

iii. Educational:

Kirsten Koolhof: Lecture talks were held in every year of the Bachelor Psychology and Pedagogical Sciences; this was an effective and fun way to reach more students.

- Sjoerd van den Assem: How much have you done them and in which years?
- Kirsten Koolhof: In the beginning we did it more often and in the end Karlo Welch did most of them.
- Karlo Welch: We started off the year with 2 to 4 per period and during period 4 it slowed down, but also COVID-19 happened and it did not work out in the end online.
- Alessia van Overbeeke: Also, in the first half year we managed to have a lecture talk at every course for the second- and first-year students in the first 3 periods during the first week.
- Casper van Tongeren: What do you have in terms of recommendation for online lectures?
- Kirsten Koolhof: I think it's good to be present at the lectures online to explain it live, even better if it is interactive since Zoom can get boring.
- Alessia van Overbeeke: We don't have experience with online lecture talks, but we do have it with online events, and I think it's even more productive since they are already there and "cannot move" so you will actually take

some time of them. It's now more part of the lecture instead of an actual break of the lecture.

- Karlo Welch: Something we did this year was that, from period 2 onwards, we would speak before the break itself so kind of just during the lecture itself. So, if we can do the physical ones again, I will recommend that to the new Board instead of doing it during the breaks.
- Demi Acquoy: I want to give my compliments to Karlo Welch since a lot of people loved your lecture talks, you made a good impression and people liked it a lot!
- Karlo Welch: Thank you.
- Iris Doodeman: You did it 2 to 4 times, but was it in total?
- Alessia van Overbeeke: Once per course, so in total.

e. Awareness:

i. Environment:

Kirsten Koolhof: We tried to improve the association in ways to benefit the environment. We had meetings with the green office and external companies to see what we can do. What we implanted was the reusable cups we bought just before everything happened, and the festival cups that can be reused.

iv. Safety:

Kirsten Koolhof: To make sure the Board pass was not abused during the year we stuck to requesting process for the board pass. This was found useful and safe.

f. Policy Continuation:

i. Translation and Internalization:

Kirsten Koolhof: We kept providing all public documents in both Dutch and English with exception of the Pedagogiek Commissie documents. We were planning on language courses to provide to international students, but this got cancelled.

ii. General Meeting:

Kirsten Koolhof: We had 5 General Meetings in total. We therefore reached this policy point.

iii. General Board Meetings:

Kirsten Koolhof: We had 7 General Board Meetings (GBM) in total. We tried to sit down with the chairmen before a GBM to prepare them for the meeting, but this did not happen all the time unfortunately.

iv. Meetings:

Kirsten Koolhof: We attended the meetings like LOOP, SSPN and G5 both offline and online since we found this important and recommend doing this again. Online they were good as well, so this is a recommendation as well for next year.

v. Functioning:

Kirsten Koolhof: We had a few function trainings which worked out well, but not all of them happened due to COVID-19. Also due to us not sticking to our deadlines unfortunately.

- Sjoerd van den Assem: What happened there? Why didn't you keep up to your own deadlines?
- Kirsten Koolhof: A mistake from our side, we were not on top of it.
- Sjoerd van den Assem: Did any Active Members request a function training?
- Kirsten Koolhof: No, not that I know, but maybe for others.
- Alessia van Overbeeke: They did ask me to have a look at the budget together again, but not a full second training.

- Karlo Welch: I did all of the first ones and for the second round I only got questions for the second round.
  - Andrew de Ruiter: I had one full training for everyone and for the second I checked up with them if there are any questions.
  - Kerem Özel: I didn't experience any issues that they had difficulties because I did one full training and then I made a document for the second round, which helped people a lot and didn't hear any issues again.
- vi. Birthday Cards:  
Kirsten Koolhof: Birthday cards were a hassle this year. This was of my part. The birthday cards have been sent to everybody but a lot of them came back or were never received or came in really late. If this is done next year again, a better system should be implemented. In the end, we found out what the issue was: We used VU envelopes, which were labeled with Port Betaald. We didn't know that you still need a post stamp on it, which is why some were returned.
- Liz Masselink: Those envelopes are able to be used whenever, right?
  - Alessia van Overbeeke: The issue was that we used the envelopes from a few years ago, so they were expired and we could not use them anymore. Is that clear?
  - Liz Masselink: Ah yes.
  - Iris Doodeman: Was the only issue the systems with stamps or was there another issue?
  - Kirsten Koolhof: My issue was that I made them once a month which I would suggest to do more often, as that is where it went wrong sometimes as well. For shipping, I would just put stamps on it.
  - Iris Doodeman: Okay, thank you.
- vii. Budgets:  
Kirsten Koolhof: We asked the Financial Audit to check double things and for advice.
- viii. Education:  
Kirsten Koolhof: In the first week of September and October we had snacks and membership forms in lecture break of a subject of the first-year students.
- ix. First Aid Course:  
Kirsten Koolhof: We held a first aid course to promote awareness on medical safety and to achieve abilities of members within the association as well as non-members. Everybody received their license for the first aid course.
- x. Alcohol & Drugs Policy:  
Kirsten Koolhof: Up to now we used the policy once, and we are sticking to it. This went well throughout the year and is advised to continue.
- Liz Masselink: I think you guys did a great job during COVID-19 and I think you guys tried a lot. However, what I see from this Policy Plan, is that some things weren't reached and I do hear a lot of "Oh, we forgot it." It's fine if you forget something, but at least make an effort for it and give a clear explanation as reasons like forgetting about it are not really justifiable nor a good reason, so this is a recommendation for next year's Board.
  - Kirsten Koolhof: I fully agree, that is a valid point.

## 7. Financial Statement 2019-2020

Kirsten Koolhof: I will give the word to Alessia van Overbeeke for the Financial Statement.

**\*Alessia van Overbeeke presents Income\***

- Thierry Witschge: About the Friends of the VSPVU, you hoped to do something on Parents' Day but did you do anything after that, after hearing it got cancelled?
- Alessia van Overbeeke: We've printed a promotion on the banner and we have added it multiple times on the newsletter in June and May.
- Thierry Witschge: But the newsletter is for the ones that are already in the VSPVU, why put it in there then?
- Alessia van Overbeeke: We thought that students were excited for it and shared the newsletter with their parents in the hope that they would also see that.
- Casper van Tongeren: I have a recommendation: Use social media platforms to reach current members and to ask them spread the message, or try to reach out to Alumni and request them to become a Friend of the VSPVU. That would be a good way, because I do think it's good to keep Friends of the VSPVU next year.
- Alessia van Overbeeke: I think that's tried before as well, so either we should reconsider the whole concept or not having it again as it didn't really succeed as well.

**\*Alessia van Overbeeke presents Board Activities\***

- Sjoerd van den Assem: How many tickets do you need to sell for the Active Member Party to break even?
- Alessia van Overbeeke: We need to sell around 20 more tickets, but we also made a profit on other things, so we might need 8 to 10 more to really work out.
- Thierry Witschge: Why did you go over your budget for mini-events?
- Alessia van Overbeeke: For BBQ Borrel we didn't sell all tickets but couldn't lower the expected number, but since it was our first physical event, we wanted to still do it, even though we would make a little bit of a loss.
- Casper van Tongeren: I agree with your reasoning completely for Mini Events, but 80 euros on a post that is 800 euros is an overshoot of 10%. I agree with the reasoning, but be careful overstepping it and if it was done by a committee you would not allow it.
- Alessia van Overbeeke: I fully agree, but in the end, we ended up really high in the totals which is a surprise for us, so this time we had taken this decision. But by adding it all up and cancelling other parts we did decide to do it this time.
- Demi Acquoy: You had to pay more to LANX at first, right?
- Alessia van Overbeeke: It was higher but I called them and adjusted it.
- Liz Masselink: The budget that I'm looking at is 700 euros in the plus for Active Member Party?
- Alessia van Overbeeke: Yes, we already got some sponsoring and ticket sales.
- Liz Masselink: Why is that not on the sponsoring post then?
- Alessia van Overbeeke: Because we got the sponsoring money for this event.
- Sjoerd van den Assem: Correct me if I'm wrong, but shouldn't all budgeted results be how they were budgeted?
- Alessia van Overbeeke: Yes, but in the previous General Meeting, a new budget was voted in and I adjusted a lot for that already.
- Sjoerd van den Assem: Ah yes. Also, about transition weekend: I asked you guys a lot about it before and you said you spent it on drinks, but where will you spend the following 100 euros on?
- Alessia van Overbeeke: We really wanted to go on a weekend but not everyone was in the Netherlands earlier, and then the summer holiday came and after that Introduction Days came, so in the end there wasn't enough time. We did not discuss yet where we will spend the money on next but will do so. So, Candidacy Board, this is your invitation haha. It's also about bonding and to get to know each other more, so that is why we thought this is a nice idea.



### **\*Alessia van Overbeeke presents Committees\***

- Sjoerd van den Assem: About the Activity Committee: This committee is organizing the Lasertag, however it's a Board activity?
- Alessia van Overbeeke: They didn't have the resources to organize an event, so we did it for them.
- Sjoerd van den Assem: This was discussed with the Actie?
- Alessia van Overbeeke: They told us that they weren't able to do an activity, but we did this with them.
- Sjoerd van den Assem: Also, a lasertag activity has been done two years ago already, why did you decide to do it again?
- Andrew de Ruiter: Since it's an activity that can easily be done at 1,5 meters distance and since Lasertag can easily be done in the forest and everything, we justified it that way. Also, a few other factors impacted it, but this was one of the Actie-like activities that was fun and easily manageable.
- Sjoerd van den Assem: Were tickets sold for the Convention already?
- Alessia van Overbeeke: Yes, there were sold a lot! But Mollie hasn't processed it yet, so it's not included in this post yet.
- Thierry Witschge: As the chairman of the Activity Committee I would have liked to at least hear that you would use our money for the event. It was something easy to provide, but I think that most other things have been said as well. In the end it will be a Mini Event of yours, and let's just say that it would have been nice to at least know it. Communication would have been nice.
- Alessia van Overbeeke: I am sorry that this did not happen and that you did not know that, I think your point is clear and valid.
- Shannon Fredison: Basically, same question as Sjoerd van den Assem and Thierry Witschge.
- Demi Acquoy: Is there going to be a Sports activity in October?
- Alessia van Overbeeke: Yes, it was on the Year Schedule so it will take place.
- Demi Acquoy: Okay, then Study Trip: The Faculty would pay for the flight, right?
- Alessia van Overbeeke: No, the reason that the post is negative is that we have received a voucher instead: We paid for it first, and the Faculty will pay it later. We bought the plane tickets but couldn't get the money back, but a voucher. On our budget this is the loss we made, but if the Board of next year uses it the Faculty will cover up the loss.
- Iris Doodeman: Doesn't that have consequences for our years Study Trip?
- Alessia van Overbeeke: No, we've decided that the Faculty will cover up the expenses for our year, so we won't make a loss. But you will have to pay that off next year.
- Iris Doodeman: So, we have a loan with the Faculty, in other words?
- Alessia van Overbeeke: Basically yes.
- Liz Masselink: To clarify: The only reason why the Faculty helps us is because of the financial loss?
- Alessia van Overbeeke: So, either way, at this moment there is a loss, but whatever happens in the end it will turn out fine next year, because the Faculty has done this as a loan until we get money back from KLM.
- Liz Masselink: You can close off the post of the Lustum Committee, because that's done.
- Alessia van Overbeeke: Yes, that will be done in January.
- Liz Masselink: A recommendation for next Board: The smaller committees really have to start spending more money, because they always have too much money

and don't spend that much, so really start encouraging them with buying stuff. It's a waste of money.

- Alessia van Overbeeke: Yes exactly.
- Liz Masselink: Am I confused or did Barcie get 0 euros?
- Alessia van Overbeeke: They used to have 100 euros, but due to the new budget being voted in during the Emergency GM, their VSPVU money was changed to 0 euros, because they had made a profit in previous events.
- Liz Masselink: Oh yes. Also, when is the Yearbook Committee done? When is its release?
- Alessia van Overbeeke: It will be printed really soon, so between now and a month or two.
- Demi Acquoy: I thought that I saw 23<sup>rd</sup> of October in a chat somewhere as an indication.
- Thierry Witschge: One question about Lasertag: When will it be held and is the money staying on the Activity Committee or somewhere else?
- Alessia van Overbeeke: We will use the 100 euros of the Activity Committee, it's on the 22<sup>nd</sup> of September in the Amsterdamse Bos. It's outside and COVID-proof so that's nice.
- Thierry Witschge: Is that possible? Shouldn't the money be shifted to another post then first?
- Alessia van Overbeeke: It's possible as we organize an Activity Committee event.
- Thierry Witschge: That's incorrect, it's a Board activity.
- Alessia van Overbeeke: Okay, thank you for the feedback. I will look into it.
- Amelie van den Boom: You should make these decisions soon, though, because you don't want to make late decisions when there is already a new Activity Committee.
- Alessia van Overbeeke: Yes, and since it is 100 euros, we can easily move it to another post.

**\*Alessia van Overbeeke presents Board Expenses\***

- No questions about Board Expenses

**\*Alessia van Overbeeke presents Investments\***

- Amelie van den Boom: For the next Board: If the Faculty wants you to do things, you don't need to do that always.
- Liz Masselink: Yes, either they should pay for it or accept that we can't do it if there's no budget for that.
- Thierry Witschge: About promotion: You have money left: Maybe you can use the money for the Board Activity of the Lasertag.
- Alessia van Overbeeke: That's a good point indeed.
- Sjoerd van den Assem: If the deposit still needs to be picked up, then why is it on there?
- Alessia van Overbeeke: Bavaria didn't pick up the deposit and if it is being picked up it will be put on the budget of 74.
- Sjoerd van den Assem: But then you can still adjust it in January, right?
- Alessia van Overbeeke: Yes, that is correct, I do understand your point and it's valid.

**\*Alessia van Overbeeke presents Active Member Rewards\***

- No questions about Active Member Rewards

**\*Alessia van Overbeeke presents Totals\***

- Thierry Witschge: It's good that you thought about putting the money on a saving, but isn't this also a great opportunity to make some investments in maybe the room or association that they will use for years to come? For example, some items, working things or more that many other Boards can still use, as well as Members.

- Alessia van Overbeeke: That is a really good one, but we don't know what will happen between now and January so in discussion with 74 we will come up with a really good plan to see what we actually can use the money for with regard to investments.
- Thierry Witschge: That sounds like a great plan.
- Liz Masselink: What are the unforeseen expenses?
- Alessia van Overbeeke: For the security for the General Meeting and General Board Meeting, since this year we had to pay for it ourselves instead of the Faculty paying for it. We did not know this in advance, so it was an unforeseen expense.
- Liz Masselink: Is this going to be the case as well next year?
- Alessia van Overbeeke: I think some meetings will be paid for, but not all of them.
- Casper van Tongeren: Shouldn't unforeseen expenses be closed since it's the end of the year?
- Alessia van Overbeeke: We still have some activities that need to be done, like Active Member Party, so that is why it is staying open for now.

## 8. Financial Audit 2019-2020

Kirsten Koolhof: I will give the word to Damian Waij from the Financial Audit.

Damian Waij: Hey! So, every year we have to vote for a discharge, which means the Board you're voting for will no longer be financially responsible for the VSPVU after this voting. We checked all financial flows this year and this year there were no large issues. Last Monday, Lara and I did the last check: One thing was missing and this was resolved this morning. So, we as the Financial Audit have agreed positively for a discharge of the 73<sup>rd</sup> Board.

## 9. Voting

Kirsten Koolhof: I will now give the word to Andrew de Ruiten concerning the voting of the discharge for the 73<sup>rd</sup> Board.

### Andrew de Ruiten explains voting procedure.

Voting: Discharge 73<sup>rd</sup> Board

- In favor: 18
- Against: 1
- Neutral: 2

Kirsten Koolhof: We thank you all for our great year, and now I give the word to the new vice-chairman, Demi Acquoy.

## 10. Policy Plan 2020-2021

Demi Acquoy: I will first give you further information about why part of us are here physically and part of us is there online: We got permission for this room yesterday and we didn't have approval for extension, which is why we decided to have 74, 73, the Financial Audit and the Advisory Board here. They are here because they have a function here. I'm doing this talk today because Martijn van der Zee has a concussion and we forced him to go home so he couldn't be here. I will read out the policy plan we made for you.

### a. Introduction

Demi Acquoy:

- No questions about Introduction

### b. Current state of affairs:

Demi Acquoy: If you see any spelling or grammar mistakes, please email us via [board@vspvu.com](mailto:board@vspvu.com).

- Amelie van den Boom: You state we had to focus on education more and that the Congrescie and the Opcie had been set up for a focus on this, but

the Convention has its 10<sup>th</sup> edition this year, so I don't think it's a current state of affairs anymore.

- Demi Acquoy: I agree on this, thank you.
- Alessia van Overbeeke: You state it as Tranz, but the Tranz committee has been voted out as a committee and we voted in the online committee.
- Iris Doodeman: Isn't its official name still Tranz, though? That's what I've been told over summer.
- Alessia van Overbeeke: No, we voted in an entirely new committee, so it's not called Tranz anymore.
- Kirsten Koolhof: I think we didn't adjust this in the IR, so if you could adjust this, then that'd be great.
- Pieter Braak: Since this is current state of affairs, I would also state the Tranz being changed to Online Committee as well.
- Demi Acquoy: This is a good point. We will look into this. Thank you.

c. Policy Plan:

- No questions about Policy Plan

d. Committee development:

i. Hybrid Committee Names:

- Questions
  - Amelie van den Boom: You state for internal usage, that the official names will be used, but below you state 'The Activity committee'. How are you going to do this exactly?
  - Demi Acquoy: We did the English names in the English policy and Dutch ones in the policy.
  - Amelie van den Boom: Personally, I don't think that the Skicie doesn't sound better than Wintersportcie. It's hard to pronounce, actually
  - Liz Masselink: It's like a *s/ii*s
  - Karlo Welch: And it's also for snowboarders, not just skiing.
  - Alessia van Overbeeke: I think Wintersport covers the whole committee better. It's about the whole journey there and not just about the skiing but also après-ski and the stay and travel.
  - Karlo Welch: Make sure it's appropriate for all sports. Then you could better make it Tripcie
  - Demi Acquoy: Then it's not clear you're going on Wintersport. We will look into this and get back to you.
  - Demi Acquoy: I can also give you some more examples on the hybrid names. We all know what the Actie means, but many people don't. If you reach out to external companies, it's clear for others what the Actie means if you use 'Actie, the Activity Committee'.
  - Amelie van den Boom: So then the language of the full name doesn't matter to you?
  - Demi Acquoy: No, it's more that people know what the committee consists of, but we can still use the old voted in names.
  - Thierry Witschge: I wanted to say that we have been changing committee names for 3 years now. I just wanted to say that I want us to please look at this now very thoroughly, so that we can stop changing them. It will stay confusing if we keep changing them

every year. Let's look at it well now, so that we can stay with the current choice for a while.

- Casper van Tongeren: I personally think that this is what the hybrid names will do. Now they will both be internationalized and clear to external companies.
  - Alessia van Overbeeke: We are now going to have 3 committee names: Dutch full names, English full names and Dutch short names. I think you should make one decision on one of them.
  - Demi Acquoy: We will only be using the Dutch names. When promoting the committees to new members and external companies, the hybrid name is convenient. For internal promotion, the official short names will be used.
  - Ales: Then I suggest you still use only Actie here, since you can always explain what a committee does in the emails when reaching out to people.
  - Demi Acquoy: We decided to keep it like this so that it is always clear what the committee does, without having to explain it very thoroughly. Now it's very straight what we will use and so that everyone will keep using it in the same way.
  - Alessia van Overbeeke: But you keep using three names. I recommend setting up guidelines for how to use them and not use 3 names. In emails, you can always explain what the committee does. In the Policy Plan, I suggest you always use the Dutch original names.
  - Demi Acquoy: I will go over all the hybrid names.
- \*Demi Acquoy presents the hybrid committee names\***
- Pieter Braak: First, Pedagogiek is also in Dutch here in the English Policy Plan, so this should be changed. Also, Introduction Committee isn't fully clear because it doesn't state clearly what it does: Introduction to what? It leaves room for questions
  - Alessia van Overbeeke: I really love the Webcie. Secondly, I think there should be a space between book and selling? Or not? What's the idea behind this? In your policy plan it says without a space and here with a space
  - Demi Acquoy: It has to be together.
  - Amelie van den Boom: Later on, do you have a plan about the new hitchhike committee?
  - Demi Acquoy: We are planning to change it this GM, but thanks for stating it.

## ii. Streamlining of Committees

- Questions:
  - Amelie van den Boom: How you state Opcie and LEX, this is how it's stated in IR. Leave this out.
  - Demi Acquoy: We put this in here because the Long Term Plan stated to create Psychology Committee because of a lack of difference between the two, that's why we put it in here. If we're going to change the IR anyway then we might as well change this. Would this be better?
  - Amelie van den Boom: Yes, it might.

- Demi Acquoy: If we could make it work better, then we can add it to the IR. We really want the Opcie to work this year.
- Demi Acquoy: We reduced the amount of alcohol-related activities to 3 Barcies, 5 Borrels and 2 Parties.
- Amelie van den Boom: Maybe you should put that in your Policy Plan as well.
- Demi Acquoy: I agree.
- Alessia van Overbeeke: Have you checked this in the IR, because sometimes it states that certain committees have to organize a certain amount of events.
- Demi Acquoy: I think we haven't.
- Pieter Braak: If the HR does state about this, then are you going to change the IR based on policy or the other way around?
- Demi Acquoy: I don't have the answer to this, sorry.
- Liz Masselink: It doesn't state anything about the amount of activities that have to be organized per committee.
- Amelie van den Boom: I think it would be better to make it concrete in the policy, because it's a good idea. That's what's interesting for the members to read, so why not add that.
- Sjoerd van den Assem: Is the Sports Committee going to be abolished only for this year or for coming years as well?
- Demi Acquoy: A lot of upcoming members wanted to be part of Footcie, so just for this year. With COVID it's also more difficult to organize good sports activities. It's up to 75 whether they want it gone or not.
- Sjoerd van den Assem: Then maybe add that it's for this year.

### iii. Optimizing Committees

Demi Acquoy: Do you want us to discuss the concepts of the Webcie and Rallycie now or later?

- Amelie van den Boom: I'd wait.
- Pieter Braak: But then I do suggest presenting it before the voting.
- Questions:
  - Amelie van den Boom: So at the beginning of the Policy Plan, you say that it's not based on activities cancelled by COVID, but now you state that a reason for setting up the Rallycie is COVID. You might as well state that the Hitchhike Committee wasn't working anymore for years. I feel like this is the original reason for the committee change and not COVID.
  - Alessia van Overbeeke: I think this committee is a good idea. Do you have any solutions if people don't have their own car? We will discuss this in the separate documents about the committees.
  - Casper van Tongeren: What do we do with committees that have no active chairman or a chair out of the country unable to give the presentation for the manuals?
  - Demi Acquoy: It's not really a presentation to give, but it's a manual converted to a PowerPoint. It will be given to the new chairs with the old chair and the contact person. We will evaluate in June with the contact person of the board and the chair if something has to change or has to be added

- Liz Masselink: For some committees, e.g. the Skicie and the Reiscie, the manual is really nice to have due to the content of the previous years. For those it's really nice to have them. I got a lot of information from them myself. I wouldn't banish everything for everyone. Be critical about what you throw away.
- Demi Acquoy: We thought about this. It will state all the previous 5 years' activities to inspire people and prevent people from organizing similar things
- Liz Masselink: I thought you were abolishing the old ones.
- Demi Acquoy: No, not exactly.
- Amelie van den Boom: Are you going to throw away the current ones?
- Demi Acquoy: Not exactly, but many committees don't even have one. This is the time to change them into something new. The ones that we have now will not be thrown away, but they will be used to make the new presentations as well.
- Demi Acquoy: Every committee information email has already been sent out last Friday to the students interested in joining and we already have some applications planned, so this goes pretty well so far.
- Liz Masselink: I don't think this is a policy point. It's normal to send out the emails, so I don't really see what's new about this.
- Demi Acquoy: We put this in here because we really want to send it out earlier than previous years.
- Liz Masselink: It's great that you do it, but I still don't see it as a policy point that you'll be working on all year. You already made this point, so what does it add?
- Andrew de Ruiter: What have you noticed in the past weeks or months about the interest in active membership? More or less excitement than usual or dropouts?
- Demi Acquoy: Because the intro week was so minimal, the online Meet the Committees was a great success with great interest. Normally you go to the room and sign up for committees. Now people had to email the board and make a list of the committees they're interested in and all the people who did fill it in are replying for joining. The lists are smaller than previous years, but the people who are interested are actually hooked.
- Alessia van Overbeeke: To react to Liz Masselink: If you should take it out, then I think you should put it in Policy Continuation.
- Demi Acquoy: We thought about this and we decided to leave it in.
- Amelie van den Boom: You've promoted a lot in Introduction Week. Do you also see a lot of response from 2<sup>nd</sup> and 3<sup>rd</sup> year students?
- Demi Acquoy: That's lacking a bit. The people that are applying now are mostly first-years. We hope that the older members will apply later. We are still going to promote among 2<sup>nd</sup> and 3<sup>rd</sup> years because we really want to see them back. Also we do maybe have a problem with the Pedcie, because we have no interested people.

- Alessia van Overbeeke: Maybe send out an email to the bachelor coordinator. She can send out emails to the students for Pedagogical Sciences.
  - Demi Acquoy: Yes, we will do the same for the Opcie.
  - Amelie van den Boom: Maybe for the Opcie ask the master coordinators as well.
- e. Involvement
- Questions
    - Alessia van Overbeeke: The committee-ten part is also supposed to be Policy Continuation.
    - Demi Acquoy: We put it in here since we made a new concept out of it. You had a deadline as well, but we wanted to streamline it more to give people the chance until January and that the contact person will be involved to have the money spent.
    - Alessia van Overbeeke: Okay.
- iv. Member initiative
- Questions
    - Liz Masselink: Good idea, but I wouldn't include that you want 2 member initiatives, because now you are pinning yourself down to 2 and that each event has 50 euros and if there's a really nice event that needs 60, you can't do it, that would be a shame. I would change the wording here. Don't make a limit.
    - Demi Acquoy: Agreed.
- v. General Meetings
- Questions
    - Amelie van den Boom: Do you think that this CoCo thing will attract members? Because the BOTC didn't attract many members, but still some although the amount wasn't spectacular. Do you think this will?
    - Demi Acquoy: To be honest, we don't know. The idea was that people stopped playing the BOTC because they couldn't attend the GMs and we wanted to emphasize the fun in BOTC. We wanted to add a spirit stick for the most committed committee and we wanted to do something different. Since it's 90 euros we can provide for small committee outings or drinks at a Borrel. Every GM, there will be a new CoCo.
    - Pieter Braak: It states that every GBM we get multiple assignments, is this always going to happen?
    - Demi Acquoy: Yes, it was inspired by 'Crazy 71' with bigger and smaller assignments at the side. We have one big assignment and very small side assignments to keep the fun more at it.
    - Liz Masselink: I really like this idea of the CoCo I think it's really cool. I would take out the part of awarding BOTC points for the borrels because the spots are limited right now and some people that want to attend, cannot attend.
    - Alessia van Overbeeke: I really love the idea, but keep an eye on that it won't be too much for the committees. Keep an eye on which assignments you give in which period. It shouldn't interfere with their other work.



- Demi Acquoy: We will, thank you.
- Demi Acquoy: We came to the decision to cut the amount of GMs because the 72<sup>nd</sup> board added an extra GM because of the evaluation of the activities that were hosted by every committee, if I understand correctly. Since that's no longer done, we decided to cut the amount of GMs.
  - Casper van Tongeren: I would change the last sentence so that it'll state a minimum of 3 GMs because you might need an emergency GM in pressing situations.
  - Liz Masselink: I would also take out September, January and June because if something personal happens or something else, it might have to be moved.

f. Accessibility

- Demi Acquoy: We have a separate document for the COVID regulations we made up.

vi. VSPVU room workplace

Demi Acquoy: The idea came because normally, the VU is really busy if it's not COVID and committees had trouble finding spots to work on their committees. We wanted to provide them.

- Casper van Tongeren: In one of the documents online it states that the board room needs to be open from 1245 to 1330. I would state that somewhere in here as well.
- Demi Acquoy: Yes, we are acknowledging that fact. It cannot be reserved during breaks and during the Board Meetings. We know on beforehand when we will have meetings and where that will be, we will open up this doc every Friday and only create spots around those times.
- Alessia van Overbeeke: To be honest, I'm in doubt whether this point will improve accessibility. People can't just walk by anymore and work spontaneously.
- Demi Acquoy: We thought of this, but the idea was that the committee members can do some committee stuff if they really need to perform or have a quick meeting. If no reservation is made, everyone can come in and work with us.
- Amelie van den Boom: Two things: Because this is in accessibility and there's limited space in the room and you have to keep distance, how will you regulate this if people have questions and it's still Corona?
- Demi Acquoy: Currently we're not officially open yet. We have a question booth for if people can't enter the room that people can stop by outside the room to ask their questions.
- Amelie van den Boom: The VU discourages people to come by if they're not having class.
- Demi Acquoy: Would it be okay to state that this only goes once Corona is no longer around?
- Iris Doodeman: This is more for when the VU is fully open. This doesn't apply to the current situation.
- Casper van Tongeren: Then maybe state that in there. That it's subject to change.
- Kirsten Koolhof: To add to Casper van Tongeren: The room has to be open from 1300 to 1400, not just during the break.

- Sjoerd van den Assem: You already mentioned in the beginning that you wrote this considering that there would be no COVID, so I don't think you have to mention this again at this point. You could add this to the part of the room in general, though.

g. Promotion

Demi Acquoy: Remark: It will not be all the pictures that get uploaded, but only the ones that have passed the check.

- Questions:
- Liz Masselink: Do you think this needs to be in the policy plan? You could make an arrangement with the chronicles without this
- Amelie van den Boom: We used to have the rule to upload the pictures within 2 weeks after the event. Maybe you could put this rule up again, but my experience is that this is hard.
- Demi Acquoy: Are you up for this Stefan Canic?
- Stefan Canic: Bring it on!
- Alessia van Overbeeke: Maybe make it 15 working days to make it a little easier on yourself
- Stefan Canic: But I think 3 weeks after the event is still late.
- Alessia van Overbeeke: Then you can do 10.
- Sofia Mendez Quiros: We should aim to take everything out as soon as possible.
- Demi Acquoy: For LinkedIn we wanted to maybe share our monthly agenda with only educational events
- Amelie van den Boom: I have an idea. LinkedIn has this function to underline people's capabilities. Maybe you can do this for the active members?
- Andrew de Ruiten: I'm not fully sure LinkedIn works that way. I do recommend putting vacancies on there. Like a vacancy alert page on LinkedIn to make it more professional and educational.

vii. Lecture Talks

Demi Acquoy: Sofia Mendez Quiros and Stefan Canic already made videos for the lecture talks and they are sent to the teachers. Some teachers want to work with us and some don't. The problems now are the already pre-recorded lectures from last years that are put online so we can't insert our video in there.

- Questions
- Amelie van den Boom: The experience with us with this is that teachers say they will show the video and then they don't do it. Please watch them and make sure that people are doing it.
- Sofia Mendez Quiros: Teachers have been very cooperative so far and have been asking us how we want this. We have good hopes that it will work at least for this period.
- Andrew de Ruiten: Big compliments to already reaching out to so many people.
- Demi Acquoy: Thank you.
- Karlo Welch: Agreed.

viii. Monthly agenda

Demi Acquoy: Instagram and Facebook will be no problem just like LinkedIn. Canvas is a problem because we were supposed to have an account on Canvas and now they made up their minds. Currently we have a proposal running with the School on why we want an account on Canvas and we're waiting for the response.

- Pieter Braak: Posting on the 1<sup>st</sup> Monday of the month makes no sense because this month it was Monday 7 sept and that makes no sense. I'd do it the week before the new month starts
  - Alessia van Overbeeke: This is also policy continuation.
  - Demi Acquoy: Yes, it is. We should move it.
  - Alessia van Overbeeke: Nice that you'll post it on Canvas
  - Demi Acquoy: Yes, we already have a teacher account and making a page costs money. Since they already invested money in the Introduction week page, we will use that page now with an adjusted name.
  - Martijn van der Zee: I can add to this. Current situation is that we will do a test version this year with the Introduction week page. The issue is that we don't know if we can add 2<sup>nd</sup> and 3<sup>rd</sup> years to this page. The Faculty is currently interested in giving the account to us but we're waiting for it.
  - Andrew de Ruiter: To get back to Pieter Braak. Maybe post the Monthly Agenda on DUO day, so that people have the impression they have money to spend and will join.
  - Karlo Welch: You could prepare it to make it more coherent with the students timetable and make it per period.
  - Demi Acquoy: We're planning on doing it per month, but I'll write it down and we'll discuss this later.
- xi. Monthly compilation
- Questions
    - Andrew de Ruiter: Will you do this with the Board camera? I'm not sure what the quality of the video will be like, since the pictures are so terrible.
    - Demi Acquoy: We used the camera for the Chronicles aftermovie videos. We will probably do it with our phones. We do want to invest in a better camera, but we don't know what will happen with COVID money-wise. We do want to give members more than just pics and give them video contents.
    - Sjoerd van den Assem: The camera is fine, it just needs a little love.
- xii. Promotion in Room
- Questions:
    - Pieter Braak: There's no time unit indicated for the slideshow and therefore you now have to do it all the time also during weekends.
    - Demi Acquoy: That's true. What do you propose?
    - Pieter Braak: State something like during the breaks or something like that.
    - Alessia van Overbeeke: State at least during the breaks.
    - Liz Masselink: Do note that you have to do it every day though then
    - Amelie van den Boom: I remember when former boards used to do this. It was pretty much impossible to do for them
    - Demi Acquoy: We still wanted to put it in here, because we have a nice TV and we should use it. We really want to make this work because it's a fun idea.
    - Alesia: Then maybe state with every first week of the month or something, do try to make it a bit more possible for yourself.

## h. Merchandise

- No questions about Merchandise
- i. Members
- Demi Acquoy: The number stated here is incorrect. It should be 315 of the second-years that we expect to renew their membership. That's 66% of the new bachelor members from 73. The budget is correct, though. Now we have around 230 new bachelor members. But: We have 47 master members. We can say that this year is a very strange year
- Questions
    - Amelie van den Boom: Iris Doodeman did an inspirational talk during the Clinical Psychology Master, maybe we should do that again in coming years
    - Demi Acquoy: Especially premaster students were interested because we presented that they get lots of discount for 15 euros and this went very well.
- xiii. New Members
- Questions
    - Amelie van den Boom: You say an extra Welcome to Amsterdam edition, so you have another one planned soon?
    - Demi Acquoy: Yes, because many students are coming in January and we still want to give those who are currently there the chance to join already.
    - Alessia van Overbeeke: Then I suggest adding the first one as well and make Welcome to Amsterdam an entirely new policy plan in which you describe them both
    - Michiel Smit: About WTA: Is it going to be only for first years? Last year it didn't go through I remember.
    - Demi Acquoy: We intend for only first-years, but if it turns out that first years aren't interested enough, we can invite others as well.
- xiv. Study Sessions
- No questions about Study Sessions
- xv. Political Events
- Demi Acquoy: People asked why we wanted to add this and we wanted to make people aware of the fact that they can vote and make people encouraged to vote. We just want to have intermediate polls and show the status of the votings. It's just about creating awareness and not about showing political preference. We decided to leave the US out even though this will be an important political happening this year.
- Questions
    - Amelie van den Boom: You said you don't want to show preference through showing debate things, but then I'd remove the intermediary polls as well, because you might also show preferences, such as when are you going to do it and when aren't you? Maybe remove this from your policy and keep clear of the debate of the VSPVU involving in politics.
    - Anderw: You can also make a headline in the social media posts that they are just to inform you and that they're not intended to pick a side, such as "what's your VSPView"
    - Pieter Braak: I have doubts about this. Reason for this is article 1 1.3, the VSPVU is supposed to be neutral in political and religious views,

so I'd not do this because you might be biased unconsciously about what you decide to share and what not. VSPView sounds like a no-go to me as well.

- Demi Acquoy: We have heard this opinion before, but we thought of our solution of no showing of debates. We find voting important and that's why we wanted to add it.
- Pieter Braak: I agree that voting it's important, but I'm not sure that VSPVU should be the place to do this.
- Sofia Mendez Quiros: I don't see the harm of posting polls .
- Demi Acquoy: Pieter Braak said it's no bad thing to encourage voting.
- Amelie van den Boom: Can internationals vote for Dutch government?
- Demi Acquoy: No.
- Amelie van den Boom: Then I wouldn't do it, because you exclude internationals in this and they are half of the population of the VSPVU.
- Demi Acquoy: We talked about this and thought that they do live in the Netherlands and therefore we do want to teach them some stuff about this.
- Amelie van den Boom: Okay, another thing. I understand that you want to talk to our students about voting, but I'm not sure that this adds something to the association. Deciding whether or not to vote is also an individual choice and people might have very good reasons not to vote and you are still trying to influence them on this.
- Demi Acquoy: What if we removed this whole point on the policy just make posters about the situations?
- Liz Masselink: You can do that.

xvi. Convention

Demi Acquoy: We know that the first sentence of this is policy continuation and we still put it in here, because we added the budget-wise point of LEX, Pedcie and Opcie.

- Liz Masselink: Keep in mind that some Pedcie, LEX or Opcie events are still after the Convention, so you don't know if they will have money left.
- Demi Acquoy: We tried as much to host educational events every 2 weeks and only the Pedcie will have their event after the Convention.
- Amelie van den Boom: I think this point will fit better under committee development
- Alessia van Overbeeke: I agree with Liz Masselink and I believe that your committees have no more than 200 euros on the post and therefore you can transfer the money around without voting. So you can just do this anyway if it turns out that they have money left.
- Demi Acquoy: We stated this here to let you know what we want to do with the money if there's any left.
- Alessia van Overbeeke: Also, committees are supposed to spend their money and it can be misinterpreted by the committees if you state it like this.
- Demi Acquoy: Yes, but past years they had lots of money left, so that's why.

- Andrew de Ruiter: I think it is good to put it here and we have discussed this issue a few hours earlier and we can use this as a good setback and it's good to know where the money goes.
- Demi Acquoy: Maybe it's a proposition to go between the two: Leave this out and then get back on this in June to see if there's money left and what we will do with it?
- Alessia van Overbeeke: That sounds good.

j. External

Demi Acquoy: I think the part about the board attending the VIB and MFVU Borrels is policy continuation, I'm sorry. I've seen this before in I think the 69<sup>th</sup> Board's Policy Plan.

- Questions
  - Andrew de Ruiter: Do you also have something about this for sister associations? They are also important.
  - Demi Acquoy: We are already organizing events with them and we see our neighbors much more which is why we want to focus on them.

Demi Acquoy: For the sober people with driver's licenses, an example of a situation in which

this is needed is when we are at AMW and something happens due to which we have to visit a hospital or a store, we need someone who can drive.

- Questions
  - Sjoerd van den Assem: I think it's a good idea to have more responsibility and have people with a license present.
  - Liz Masselink: Do all of you have a driver's license?
  - Demi Acquoy: 4 out of 5.
  - Andrew de Ruiter: Is there a reason why Board is in brackets here? Is it for committee members as well?
  - Demi Acquoy: This also goes for committees.
  - Andrew de Ruiter: So it can also be one board member and one committee member, then.
  - Demi Acquoy: Yes.
  - Amelie van den Boom: So with the Rallycie if only one person has a driver's license, that person has to stay sober all weekend? That seems unfair.
  - Demi Acquoy: That does. We can then also transfer this rule to Board members. 2 Board members have to be there anyway.
  - Martijn van der Zee: I'd rather stay sober extra to ensure safety than have fun while drunk. For me it's that simple.
  - Alessia van Overbeeke: To reply to Andrew de Ruiter: If it can also be members, then skip the board between brackets, maybe.
  - Demi Acquoy: Shall we make it committee members, to make it clear that it won't be just members?
  - Casper van Tongeren: Then state Board or committee members.
  - Alessia van Overbeeke: Or members organizing the event?
  - Michiel Smit: I feel like, if there's any chance a committee member has a driver's license, the responsibility should still be with the Board? The Board has sober shifts too right?

- Demi Acquoy: No, only for Board events, the Board has to stay sober. For committee events, the committee has to stay sober and the contact person has to be capable to help them in case something happens.
- Michiel Smit: In that case, you could take the board out.

Demi Acquoy: We decided to have different venues for all different committee promo borrels, because everyone is going to the same bars now and we would like to see some variation. Question, though, is this policy continuation?

- Pieter Braak: To me this is new
- Alessia van Overbeeke: I think this used to be the case for the Parties
- Liz Masselink: They used to be the rules of the external companies or something, I believe. Liz Masselink: One thing, though, the Skicie had 3 Borrels for a reason: They need this 3<sup>rd</sup> borrel before they get to know each other borrel. They need this to promote their trip and this is all means they had for that to let people join the trip.
- Amelie van den Boom: I know that the amount of borrels for the liftcie in my year depends on the deal with the bar. Also, I think that the Ski trip has many more opportunities to promote their trip and it was never the case that all 3 were well-visited. You don't need 3 borrels, I think.
- Demi Acquoy: I think so too and this was our aim as well. The borrels died out when committees hosted 3 borrels.
- Karlo Welch: We have a contract with Chupitos this year to organize only one borrel to still get some money in. We were thinking that we could do a pre-ski borrel in the room instead of at a bar to make it more low-key and more easily visited.
- Demi Acquoy: You are totally free to do that as well, I see no problems with that.

#### k. Internal

Demi Acquoy: We decided to pick this deadline because it's the final Sunday of period 1 and it allows us to persuade people at summary sales to stay a member.

- No questions about Internal.

Demi Acquoy: The reason to make this plan is because Corona happened and no one knew what to do, so we thought it would be good to have a plan of approach in case something happens.

- Questions:
  - Thierry Witschge: Are there any other examples in this plan that could go wrong besides corona? What kind of things do you think of sticking to? Otherwise this plan would be very long for every kind of calamity.
  - Demi Acquoy: We do this for the big kind of things that obliges us to inform both students and the VU.
  - Thierry Witschge: Okay, but what kind of things would be in there?
  - Demi Acquoy: For example, how often to update the website and how often to update people because we need to know how to approach this communication-wise.
  - Thierry Witschge: Okay, thanks.

Demi Acquoy: We already made this point about Meet the Committees just like Liz Masselink stated earlier, so the same question will probably arise: Why is it in here?

I. Policy continuation

Demi Acquoy: Study sessions: We really liked this idea from 71. With Corona right now, we don't know if we can do this. Since it's educational, it might be allowed, but we do encourage people to come to the VU while they don't have class and that is not encouraged by the VU.

- Questions

- Andrew de Ruiter: Why does the WhatsApp group point only apply to first-years? What was the plan with this?
- Demi Acquoy: We already discussed this. We already changed this to active members. I think what's in the PowerPoint right now is not up to date.
- Liz Masselink: I would delete the "at least the Monday before GBM" because something might happen that causes you to be later than Monday.
- Alessia van Overbeeke: I would change the contract part about the Board pass to vice-treasurer or Kasco instead of secretary.

Demi Acquoy: Here, the final sentence about WTA is the sentence that Alessia van Overbeeke was missing earlier on in the plan.

m. Epilogue

Demi Acquoy: This is the end of our policy plan.

- Liz Masselink: I just noticed on the website if you go to honorary members, Mathanja is not there and Amelie van den Boom still has to be added on there.
- Demi Acquoy: Yes, we will add this.

Demi Acquoy: We discussed the points that you suggested to us and we made the following decisions on the following point.

- We will not change Pedcie to English in the hybrid name;
- Drop the name Skicie and continue using Wintersportcie;
- Leave out the point that Opcie and LEX will be separate committees. We will update the IR for this;
- Add what is changed with exact numbers of activities by reducing the number of drinking activities;
- Add that the Sports Committee will only be abolished for this year;
- Delete the sentence that the Liftcie changed because of COVID to that it changed because the committee wasn't working well anymore for years;
- Leave the committee emails out of the Policy Plan because it has already been done;
- Leave out the pinpoint on 2 events and the 50 euros per event for member initiatives;
- Leave out BOTC points for Borrels;
- Change the sentence that we'll host 3 GMs to at least 3 GMs;
- VSPVU room workplace will be stated that the members will be presented with timeslots that are available so that they know what to work with;
- Leave out the part of the pictures with the deadline;



- Further develop the LinkedIn part so that it also states why it is important to use.
  - Post the Monthly Agenda on the first day of the month and not on DUO day because it can be irrelevant. Ticket sales don't necessarily go up along with the monthly agenda, so money is no issue here.
  - Promotion on TV: Change this to displaying promotion at least one day a week, but we are aiming for more of course.
  - Add that we also have one Welcome to Amsterdam edition early in the year.
  - Leave out political events. We might still include posters about the voting, but it will be left out of the policy.
  - Move the point Convention to Committee Development.
  - Change 'one or two (board) members' about cars to 'one or two members organizing the event'.
  - We're going to change the promotion borrel amount to 2 because we want to see how this goes and want to prevent people from skipping events.
  - Contract Board debit card will be checked by vice-treasurer.
- Questions:
- Andrew de Ruiter: Good job changing all this.

## 11. Financial Statement 2020-2021

Demi Acquoy: I will now present our current Financial Statement.

### **\*Demi Acquoy presents Income\***

Demi Acquoy:

- VU Bookstore: This amount gets decreased every year, so we estimated lower than previous years. Especially since there are less students, Corona and circling PDF's already in groupchats before academic year even started. We talked to Theo from the VU Bookstore and he said it went fine so far.
- Membership: This is going to be a very interesting calculation I will give you. We aimed for 350 (51%) new Bachelor students, 25 master students since the goal of 10 and 15 were already been made before the budget was supposed to be online and 315 (66%) of the Bachelor students from 73 that are going to renew their membership and have to pay the €5,00 contribution. Current numbers are 223 renewed members from 73, we have 47 new Master students and 228 new Bachelor Students. This adds up to a total of 9800.
- Athena Summaries: The post of Athena has been made for a couple of years, so since Athena delivers at home, we think we can reach this. And it's the year 2020, so yeah.
- Bavaria: The post came out higher every year and since they have to revise the contract next year, we will do everything we can to use Bavaria as much as possible whenever we can.
- Sponsorship: Since we believe we can make this and there are already some sponsors pending, we decided to higher this again. We wanted to skip friends of the VSPVU this year.
- Bank Account Interest: Lowers each year, so we decided to aim lower again. Maybe we will get a little surprise in January, let's wait and see.
- Questions
  - Pieter Braak: The book sales is only 300 lower compared to last year so isn't that optimistic?
  - Demi Acquoy: We discussed this and we thought we can still make this. 73 also made this despite COVID.

- Andrew de Ruiter: Also, the bookstore ships internationally to many countries and people are interested in that.
- Pieter Braak: You have less members this year, do you think this will affect anything?
- Demi Acquoy: We still want to fight for this and I really believe in this.
- Pieter Braak: Okay. Also, you doubled Bavaria but I was wondering if this was realistic because of a smaller amount of room events.
- Demi Acquoy: Every year in the past year, we have been above the number we have now. Also we value our sponsorship with Bavaria and we have to try to go for this amount.
- Alessia van Overbeeke: Some posts are a little too high in my opinion and this is a little risky. I would lower at least one of the posts because you are at the absolute maximum you can receive.
- Demi Acquoy: Yes, we will discuss this later. I have a solution for the membership, because this will definitely turn out lower than stated here. We will look into this later.
- Casper van Tongeren: We get a lot of Bavaria sponsorship of beers sold on location and due to the VU being closed, we will drink less beer and how do you still expect to receive this amount of sponsorship from them?
- Demi Acquoy: We have to work this out more clearly. We're going to have to be creative. Maybe we can do it at mini-events or something. We really want to solve this because of our sponsorship contract revision this year.
- Liz Masselink: If you guys have faith in it and think you have a good plan for this, then go for it.
- Pieter Braak: With eye on the fewer drinking activities on the policy plan, this just doesn't make sense.
- Demi Acquoy: Yes, the Barcie is reduced with one activity. We can still provide ways to rent bars from Bavaria to go to a park and get tap beer sold. We know this is a high estimation, but we want this. If I didn't trust this, I would present it to you. I have a plan for this. We are behind this and we've had meetings about this so we want this.
- Alessia van Overbeeke: Good that you have so much faith. Although we have faith in you, I still recommend to go lower with Bavaria because your sponsorship post is already high.
- Demi Acquoy: Okay, so lowering Bavaria and membership would be the most preferred if I hear it like this. We can always change this.

**\*Demi Acquoy presents Board Activities\***

Demi Acquoy:

- Active Member Day: Every year around the 1000, so we will aim for this again.
- Active Member Weekend: Due to higher costs for the venues, but not going as far away as 73, we decided to aim for the in between and to stick around the 2500.
- Consitution Drink: It's the same as usual. We decided to postpone it for now, because it wouldn't be fun to host right now. I really hope that we can host this as soon as possible.
- Transition Weekend: Same as usual
- Mini Events: We have in total 19 mini events: Meet the committees, two times Welcome to Amsterdam, six times Study Sessions: 10 euros per study session, two times Candidacy Information Evenings and eight other unspecified mini-events. For your information we are aiming for 200 euros for both Welcome to Amsterdam's, so 100 euro per event. 60 euros for the study sessions, so 10 euros per study session.

Candidacy Board Information Evenings 30 euros, 15 per event. Due to the late confirmation where to host the Meet the Committees, we did not spend any money on that event. So there is 610 euros left for 8 mini-events so that we can keep on providing activities in the beginning of the year.

- Board drinks: One borrel less, but due to the sit down Corona borrels in the beginning of the year at least, we wanted to keep the same amount of budget. Now we have €40 per borrel. Due to the provided entertainment and maybe the prices that are needed. For example, we are going to host a Bingo at the Benidorm Bastards borrel next week. Besides this, we also want to reintroduce the welcome shots. We really liked the idea of hosting pre-borrels but we missed the idea of pre-drinks with friends before the borrels.
- No questions about Board Activities

#### **\*Demi Acquoy presents Committees\***

Demi Acquoy:

- Actie: Three events with hopefully the Batavierenrace. We kept it around the same amount of money to create more possibilities, since some activity ideas are expensive and that the members don't have to pay for that.
- Balie: We'll hopefully get the money on the VU Bookstore post as stated before and we are not making any costs for it ourselves.
- Barcie: Same as previous years, asked around and 100 euros seems enough
- Chronicles: The more money, the better the yearbook will be. It's also really hard to get any sponsor money, since the print runs are quite small.
- Congressie: Together with the Chronicles these two committees were filled in as last, since the more money, the better the Convention will get.
- Feestcie: We are aiming for only the Gala and the Psy-kickoff since the clubs are still not open and we don't think it will be possible to host multiple parties that are going to turn out profitable. The 1300 will be divided in 100 euros for the psy-kickoff since ticket sales are always going sky-high and 1200 euros for Andrew de Ruiters to really make an attempt to organize an awesome gala.
- Illusie: Same as previous years, we will get more confirmation about this later based on the Faculty.
- LEX: Since the last years there was always money left, we decided to lower it a little bit, but saved some space for travel costs and maybe an excursion.
- Lucie: Since the Lustrum is almost happening again and with the advice from the policy from 71 to give the Lucie 1000 each year, here it is.
- Opcie: Same as the LEX
- Pedcie: Same as the LEX & Opcie
- Rallycie: Since the new concept changed and we don't need a bus to take everybody home and the distance is decreased, which means less gas costs, we believe that this would be sufficient.
- Reiscie: Due to inflation we highered it a little, but not that much, since it worked out fine previous years this way.
- Webcie: As a pilot, we will give this committee this amount for renting some technical equipment for example. If this committee will be a success, we are going to aim for the old Tranz money from the School, because the podcasts are going to be educational.
- Skicie/Wintersportcie: It's made every single year and we don't see a reason to change it. Not taking into account the loss of the Sponsor money this year, because of Corona.
- Flexible Committee Budget: Lowered again, but we still wanted to give committees the possibility to ask for a little extra money.
- Questions:

- Liz Masselink: Good to put more money on the chronicles because they need it. For the party you increased it, but they have only 2 parties and now I think having 1300 is a little much for just a Gala and a Psy kick-off.
- Demi Acquoy: I understand your point, but we've been aiming for a great gala for years now and we should really do this this year and invest in it to not make the ticket prices sky high. We did it like this to try it out for once. If it doesn't work, then we know that for next years.
- Liz Masselink: Good point.
- Demi Acquoy: It will not be profitable to host a party with the current regulations so that's why we aimed for less money for other parties.
- Alessia van Overbeeke: Good to higher the amount of chronicles and Feestcie and to keep the amount for Actie. I think you should lower the Barcie as it's easy for them to make a profit and they always have a lot of money if you only want 3 events this year. Also, I think that, if you need extra money, I recommend lowering the Lex, Pedcie and Opcie a little bit.
- Demi Acquoy: Yes. I got feedback to keep in mind that they will have to pay for transportation costs and they need to have money for this.
- Amelie van den Boom: Is the Faculty going to invest in career day?
- Demi Acquoy: We don't know if it can take place yet.
- Iris Doodeman: We're setting up meetings with the FGB and related associations to collaborate on this, so we're planning on doing this.
- Amelie van den Boom: Maybe more money for Opcie if the faculty is not going to finance the career day.
- Amelie van den Boom: You can always ask Jan or Mike about the Batavierenrace. They used to organize it and they know what money you need. Maybe do keep in mind that it's expensive and maybe more expensive than you think, so that makes it good that you kept the Actie money the same as last year
- Andrew de Ruiter: Is SPS-NIP involved in the career day?
- Iris Doodeman: Yes, they are involved in the meetings.

**\*Demi Acquoy presents Board Expenses\***

Demi Acquoy:

- General Meeting: It has been made every year and really hope that we can do a real physical GM in January.
- General Board Meeting: We still want to provide chairmen with some snacks and drinks, maybe even committee notebooks that they can use during the year.
- External relations: This post has been lowered, because it's going to be real hard to organize something with them due to Corona, but we wanted to keep the option open.
- COBO Gifts: Same as last year with the idea to go to every COBO to represent the VSPVU real good, but unfortunately a lot of associations are pulling the plug from their COBO's. So we will see what happens during the rest of the year.
- Board Reimbursements: The five of us are already broke since we became Candadicy Board, so if every board member can reimburse some events, that would be very nice.
- Porto/print/board costs: Same as previous years and will hopefully be paid by the School.
- Home & Office General: Due to Corona and the room being closed, there is a lot still left in the room and that's why we lowered it.
- Fixed costs: We lowered this a little bit already, the real specifics what the true fixed costs will be sorted out further by Alessia van Overbeeke, myself or the both of us. We will give you more information about this in January.

- Questions
  - Alessia van Overbeeke: Would change the name of COBO gifts to gifts for other boards.
  - Demi Acquoy: I already agreed indeed that this is a weird name.

**\*Demi Acquoy presents Investments\***

Demi Acquoy:

- We expect to have lower transactions costs due to the online introduction week and no usage of the iZettle yet. We do want to continue what 73 started to pay for the transaction costs while the room is closed. We will do this until the room is officially open again.
- Promotion: We lowered this, because until the room is closed, it's useless to print every poster of every event. So until the room opens, we only print the monthly agenda. Besides this, if we want to use the paid promotion option it will be only for big events.
- VSPVU-room: This is lowered since we don't need to improve that much, but still want to do some nice things.
- Website: We don't need to adjust that much as well since Andrew de Ruiter did an outstanding job & the five of us are true technical malfunctions.
- Merchandise: We want socks and underpants. That's why we highered it again.
- Misc. Investments: If we suddenly have a brilliant idea, we have the money to do it, currently we are thinking about a water vacuum cleaner, because we are looking into AMD locations and some of them were strict on cleaning, which problem would be solved if we used a water vacuum cleaner
- Member initiative: We are aiming for two events where people can spend 50 euros per event.
- Questions:
  - Alessia van Overbeeke: For the website, you can only buy blocks of 338 euros. So I suggest increasing it or changing it to 0
  - Demi Acquoy: Then I think we should increase it.
  - Andrew de Ruiter: If we use big event promotion, does the committee still have to pay for own promotion?
  - Demi Acquoy: Yes, they have to pay. Big events would be career day et cetera.
  - Andrew de Ruiter: So your big events?
  - Demi Acquoy: Yes.
  - Amelie van den Boom: How is a water vacuum cleaner going to solve problems?
  - Demi Acquoy: Some locations are very strict on cleaning and getting all the beer out of the location can be tough if you only have towels or cloths to clean with. With a water vacuum cleaner, the beer or other liquids can be vacuumed and it can be emptied outside and therefore makes our lives a lot easier.
  - Thierry Witschge: Alessia van Overbeeke, I notice that you have a lot of comments on the budget, so how did the feedback process go beforehand?
  - Alessia van Overbeeke: I have received questions I think I have answered by phone and I have also sent that she should send the budget and I didn't receive anything.
  - Demi Acquoy: I don't think this is an issue to discuss during the GM
  - Alessia van Overbeeke: I agree, this is for members to say what they want to say

**\*Demi Acquoy presents Active Member Rewards\***

Demi Acquoy:

- GBM-outing: We want to host two outings as well, maybe one after the second GBM and one at the end of the academic year.
- BOTC: Same as usual and will be a committee outing
- Committee Ten: Hopefully we will have 97 lovely active members
- Active Member Clothing: Bit lower than previous years, but almost the same. Still as excited as ever.
- Commitment Committee: As replacement for extra rewards.
- Questions
  - Alessia van Overbeeke: I think 800 euros for active member clothing is quite high. If you need to rearrange the budget, then I suggest looking at this post

**\*Demi Acquoy presents Totals\***

- Questions
  - Casper van Tongeren: How do you have income on unforeseen expenses?
  - Demi Acquoy: Oh, yeah, I will change this

Demi Acquoy: My proposition for the membership issue will be to reduce the amount of bachelor members to 275 or 280 and then calculate the percentages of the posts that are currently up: Reduce the amount of money on there with the % of members we have less. I wanted to discuss this with you.

- Questions
  - Casper van Tongeren: So the percentage of membership money you're missing out on will also be removed from the other posts?
  - Demi Acquoy: Yes, except for the faculty money posts.
  - Casper van Tongeren: My advice would be first to check whether you get somewhat round numbers. For committees its difficult to enforce a budget of 273,14 or something.
  - Amelie van den Boom: Maybe make your final calculations with the posts you were considering to reduce and then check this.
  - Demi Acquoy: I cannot fix this right now, I have 3510 euros to reduce and can't do this right now. I want to do it right and don't want to be messy.
  - Amelie van den Boom: Then I suggest doing an emergency GM as soon as possible.
  - Kirsten Koolhof: So does that mean we'll only be voting for the Policy Plan now?
  - Demi Acquoy: I think so, yes. I still miss 1500 euros right now and can't solve this in 15 minutes and don't want to keep you up all night.
  - Casper van Tongeren: How long do you need?
  - Demi Acquoy: I really don't know.
  - Andrew de Ruiter: Is it an idea to vote this in for now and vote for an adjustment later? And keep in mind the posts that need to be changed.
  - Liz Masselink: Where exactly did you remove money already
  - Demi Acquoy: Will need 50 more members. I reduced Bavaria and increased on the website.
  - Liz Masselink: I had the same thing in my year. For now, change the things that you really need to change and that we vote for the rearrangements in the next GM.
  - Amelie van den Boom: If you don't have trust in that this will be fixed by Demi Acquoy, then vote it out. If you think it can be fixed by her, then you vote it in.
  - Casper van Tongeren: Right now, we will be voting on the budget with asterisks saying that changes will be made primarily in membership, website

and Bavaria and will be implemented in coming time and that will be voted in in another GM, preferably before January. There we can vote for the changes.

- Demi Acquoy: Now we can vote for the budget with the trust that it can be fine in the end.
- Amelie van den Boom: I think you can present the Webcie and Rallycie in the GBM maybe because it's running very late already.
- Demi Acquoy: Then let us know right now if you have any questions about this at this moment.

## 12. Advisory Board 2020-2021

Demi Acquoy: Then I think we can welcome our RvA: Casper van Tongeren, Kirsten Koolhof, Pieter Braak and Sjoerd van den Assem

- **\*All introduce themselves\***
- Questions:
  - Damian Waij: If there's one piece of knowledge you learned in your board year that you want to give to 74, what is it?
    - Kirsten Koolhof: Everything will be alright.
    - Pieter Braak: I learned to put everything in perspective and see it as students trying to learn instead of a full-time job.
    - Casper van Tongeren: Communication, transparency and organization.
    - Sjoerd van den Assem: It's just a study association, don't worry too much and all will be fine.
  - Amelie van den Boom: A question to the 74<sup>th</sup> Board, why did you choose these people?
    - Demi Acquoy: They're all very different: We have people from 73, 72 and 2 people from 71 in there. Pieter Braak is the chill guys with still a lot of knowledge. Kirsten Koolhof is from the last year and has also struggled with COVID regulation and she's also great to have in there as a female. Casper van Tongeren is going to be our dictator probably, but has some great advice and personal advice as well. Sjoerd van den Assem has helped us out so much already. Same as for Casper van Tongeren, they're great with advice. We also took Sofia Mendez Quiros's and Stefan Canic's objective opinions into consideration and they agreed as well that they would be great people for the Advisory Board

## 13. Financial Audit 2020-2021

Demi Acquoy: I want to invite to the front Liz Masselink and Sjoerd van den Assem.

- **\*Liz Masselink and Sjoerd van den Assem introduce selves\***
- Questions
  - Casper van Tongeren: A question for Sjoerd van den Assem: As far as I know, you don't have a history with financially oriented work, whereas Liz Masselink does have that. How will you compensate
    - Sjoerd van den Assem: I learned a lot about finances in high school. I also think I got the ins and outs in my Board year and I know how the program works. We have manual for the Financial Audit as well.
  - Andrew de Ruiter: Comment: As someone who was contact person from the Parents' Day Committee, I can say they are a dynamic duo, close and work well together, while they can still give each other strict feedback and argue until things are set right. I think they will be great as a Financial Audit.

## 14. Voting

Demi Acquoy: Iris Doodeman will now explain the voting procedure to you.

**Iris Doodeman explains voting procedure.**

Voting: Policy Plan 2020-2021

- In favor: 13
- Against: 2
- Neutral: 3

Voting: Financial Statement 2020-2021

- In favor: 13
- Against: 3
- Neutral: 2

Voting: Casper van Tongeren for RVA member

- In favor: 16
- Against: 1
- Neutral: 1

Voting: Kirsten Koolhof for RVA member

- In favor: 13
- Against: 4
- Neutral: 1

Voting: Pieter Braak for RVA member

- In favor: 17
- Against: 1
- Neutral: 0

Voting: Sjoerd van den Assem for RVA member

- In favor: 17
- Against: 1
- Neutral: 0

Voting: Liz Masselink for Financial Audit 2020-2021

- In favor: 17
- Against: 1
- Neutral: 0

Voting: Sjoerd van den Assem for Financial Audit 2020-2021

- In favor: 16
- Against: 2
- Neutral: 0

**15. Idea box**

Demi Acquoy: The room is physically closed and that means that there's nothing here. There was also nothing online.

**16. Student bonding during COVID-19**

Demi Acquoy: The Faculty wanted us to ask our members about ways for students to still bond with each other during times of COVID. They find this really important and this was one condition for them to give us this room. We therefore ask you to share your ideas of how you think we could increase student bonding during times of studying at home.

- Karlo Welch: It's hard to bond as genuinely online. There's events, many talks and social get-togethers but nothing is going to be as good as a proper handshake and a good talk.
- Liz Masselink: I would suggest to keep trying to have as many physical activities as possible and of course with the regulations in mind. Try to do it at the VU but create no drama with the School. Maybe really start to text people and have more individual contact with members.
- Casper van Tongeren: Keep organizing events that fall within the given restrictions. There are things that you can do online, such as speed dating: Throw people in



one-on-one conversations and set up a medium for people to meet up in smaller groups than normally.

- Alessia van Overbeeke: I agree with Casper van Tongeren. Physical meet the committees was really successful. Keep on doing as you're doing, I think you're doing great.
- Andrew de Ruiter: If you do study sessions, then maybe study groups of students online, so that they can help each other. Members can sign up for this to study together and meet up online.
- Kirsten Koolhof: Like at my work, you can make people 'families' and have them work together. Make groups of 20/30 people and have them work together or maybe even smaller groups.
- Casper van Tongeren: Maybe a bit of an extreme idea. It has been scientifically proven that if you divide people in groups and have a competition of some sorts, it improves bonding, like houses in Hogwarts. They had that in Singapore as well and people were very competitive.
- Amelie van den Boom: Maybe a buddy system.
- Amelie van den Boom: Online beer tasting: Send out packages to people and do an online explanation of the beers and create bonding in such a way.
- Andrew de Ruiter: As an addition to the buddy system: MFVU has this in cooperation with their faculty. Would be great for us as well and be promoted in workgroups that people can get buddies via VSPVU. It shows that it's not just the association helping students, but also students helping students.
- Demi Acquoy: Esther and the Faculty promote personal contact so this will be a good idea. Thank you for your ideas. The faculty will be happy with you.

### 17. Important Dates

- |                                  |  |
|----------------------------------|--|
| a. 10 <sup>th</sup> of September | Mini Glow Golf   |
| b. 11 <sup>th</sup> of September | Active Member Day... But Bigger and Better!<br><i>Exclusive to Active Members of academic year 2019/2020</i> |
| c. 16 <sup>th</sup> of September | Chairmen Applications (GBM #1)   |
| d. 17 <sup>th</sup> of September | Borrel #1: Benidorm Bastards   |
| e. 22 <sup>nd</sup> of September | Mission 0073: Laser Hunt   |
| f. 6 <sup>th</sup> of October    | Convention 2020: The Digital Mind  |
- Liz Masselink: Is the convention physical?
  - Demi Acquoy: Yes, there are 80 spots and more than half the tickets are already sold

### 18. A.O.B.

- No other business

### 19. Comments or Questions?

Demi Acquoy:

- Pieter Braak: Can Sofia Mendez Quiros and Stefan Canic join the active member party to see what it's like?
- Alessia van Overbeeke: We already discussed this today and they can join.
- Andrew de Ruiter: For the first time ever that we're in a hybrid meeting, I think it worked really well and compliments for this and also for you.
- Kerem Özel: I experienced this really nicely online and this was well-arranged!
- Stefan Canic: Thank you all for showing up on such a short notice. We hope to make the next GM more physical.
- Demi Acquoy: Thanks for being my audience for my first and hopefully last GM as chairman.

**20. Closing** – Closed at 1:55

