

**1. Opening – Opened at 18:08:**

Kirsten Koolhof: Hi guys, welcome to the second General Meeting of the year. Super nice you all came here! Before we start, I will explain the rules for people who are new to General Meetings. In the General Meeting we as the Board discuss all the things that are going on in the association. We will evaluate our policy and budget that we made and was voted in in the beginning of the year. Also, this is the place where you can express your feelings and concerns. If you have a question you can raise a hand and Karlo Welch Welch Welch will note your name down. He will announce when it is your turn to ask your question.

**2. Announcements:**

Kirsten Koolhof: General Meetings are there to give you information and to state your concerns. Therefore, please respect each other and let each other speak out. We also appreciate it if you pay attention and stay quiet. Enjoy the meeting.

- a. Amelie van den Boom authorized Damian Waij to vote for her.
- b. Mike Bisschop authorized Margot Bakkes to vote for him.
- c. We will continue until 01:00 due to our time with security.
- d. Sara Elfvengren will arrive later.
- e. David Tetteroo will arrive later.
- f. Nandagopal Jafarian will arrive later.
- g. Marianna Del Vecchio will leave earlier.
- h. Aleksander Kobylinski will leave earlier.
- i. Iris Doodeman will leave earlier.

**3. Approval of Transcript:**

No comments.

**4. Approval of Agenda:**

Kirsten Koolhof: We would like to add the following things:

- a. We would like to add voting adjustment financial statement to point 8.
- b. We would like to add voting Advisory Board at point 9.
- c. We want to add annual membership at point 10.
- d. We want to add candidacy Board information night at point 11.
- e. We want to add idea box at point 12.

This is already adjusted if you received the agenda from us today.

**5. Final Financial Statement 72<sup>nd</sup> Board:**

Kirsten Koolhof: I will give the word to Alessia van Overbeeke to give you the final financial statement of the 72<sup>nd</sup> Board.

**\*Alessia van Overbeeke explaining the final financial Statement of the 72<sup>nd</sup> Board\***

**\*Alessia van Overbeeke explains Income\***

No questions.

**\*Alessia van Overbeeke explains Board Activities\***

No questions.

**\*Alessia van Overbeeke explains Committees\***

- Damian Waij: There is a minus missing at the Yearbook Committee and that leads to different results in the budget. That would make your virtual result 2666,57.
- Alessia van Overbeeke: Oh yes, my bad. Thank you for noticing.

- Lizaveta Vitsiankova: I was wondering, the Magazine is like Online right?
- Alessia van Overbeeke: Yes.
- Casper van Tongeren: For the Yearbook the price is always adjusted to break-even, so how come?
- Demi Acquoy: Did not everyone pay for their book or is there something wrong with the sponsoring?
- Liz Masselink: Alessia van Overbeeke and I will look into it in the break since it is my fault that I forgot to check it.

**\*Alessia van Overbeeke explains Board Expenses\***

No questions.

**\*Alessia van Overbeeke explains Investments\***

No questions.

**\*Alessia van Overbeeke explains Active Member Rewards\***

No questions.

**\*Alessia van Overbeeke explains Totals\***

- Giovanni Stickdorn: Could you briefly explain what the difference between current balance and virtual balance is?
- Alessia van Overbeeke: Current balance is what we actually have and the virtual balance is what we expect to have.
- Damian Waij: There is a lot of money left, why?
- Alessia van Overbeeke: It is because there was a lot going to savings and that is good for the association since it is growing.
- Casper van Tongeren: Right now there is a difference between current and virtual result for unforeseen expenses and that should be adjusted to the actual balances now right?
- Alessia van Overbeeke: Exactly, thanks!

**6. Update on policy:**

Thank you Alessia van Overbeeke, I will now give you an update on the Policy: Before we start, all of our policy points are showed at the PowerPoint above me. You can also find it back at the VSPVU website.

a. Commitment:

i. Mini-events:

Kirsten Koolhof: We are organizing a lot of mini-events, we had Halloween, Tosti Thursday, beer pong tournament, and Welcome to Amsterdam. Next mini event will be the pre-Borrel tomorrow. We are enjoying these low-key mini events and will continue organizing them.

- Liz Masselink: There is a small typo: It should be "This is for example" and now "This be for example".
- Kirsten Koolhof: Thank you for the comment, we will adjust it.

ii. Transparency:

Kirsten Koolhof: There will be a newsletter soon where we as the Board also will tell a bit about what we do during our Board life and what we are busy with. Also, in the information letter you receive monthly we update about all the activities that are coming.

- Damian Waij: Do we receive a monthly news letter?
- Kirsten Koolhof: You should since we send it with Mailchimp and that is connect through the member file.
- Damian Waij: Never mind, I have seen it but forgot it. My bad.

iii. External relations:

Kirsten Koolhof: We send an introductory e-mail to all the coordinators of psychology and child studies. Some coordinators where interested, with them we are planning or

planned things such as lecture talks. We are also planning on organizing a Tutor Borrel for tutors and students in the upcoming months.

- Damian Waij: Do you have a date already?
- Kirsten Koolhof: No but we are planning it in either April or May since it fits with the Career Month.

iv. Merchandise:

Kirsten Koolhof: We made a VSPPLU, this is an umbrella with our logo. We did not sell that much yet so we want to make more promotion for it. You can buy them in the room if you are interested. We are also planning on one more merchandise.

- Casper van Tongeren: Do you have an idea already?
- Kirsten Koolhof: Yes, playing cards.
- Sjoerd van den Assem: I like it but you do not have that much money on merchandise, so how will that work?
- Kirsten Koolhof: We are having a voting for the adjustment of the budget so you will see how that will work out at that point.

v. VSPVU-room:

Kirsten Koolhof: We have a cleaning schedule that we try follow to keep the room clean. There is a new bar with two taps and we have a new TV. Also, we changed the lay out. On the 29<sup>th</sup> of January there will be a big clean-up day after some comments. We will clean out the whole VSPVU room and storage.

- Damian Waij: I want to stress, please clean more than you do now. You have put it in your policy so you were in the vibe of cleaning the room. Also how have you been using the TV now?
- Kirsten Koolhof: We will, also about the TV: We are not all that digitally smart so we are looking into using it more and making it more productive and used.
- Damian Waij: Please do, because it cost money.

b. Members:

i. New members:

Kirsten Koolhof: We have a total of 486 new bachelor members and 15 new master members, so we already reached our goal, which was 499 new members in total.

- Liz Masselink: Are you planning on doing something for the Master students?
- Kirsten Koolhof: We planned a Master lunch in September and we will look into new options for Master students later in the year.
- Damian Waij: Does this number take into account all the people that did not pay?
- Alessia van Overbeeke: There is a difference right now and we are in the works of the amount of members who have paid. So it does include some people that did not pay and some were removed already.
- Giovanni Stickdorn: How do you know how many students are from Psychology?
- Kirsten Koolhof: By counting the forms and looking at how many people were from Psychology.

ii. Member Initiative:

Kirsten Koolhof: For people not knowing what it is, as a member, if you have a nice idea you can propose it in the idea box. We will read these out during the GM and if they are found likeable you will receive a budget where you can make your idea become an activity. We have not focused on the member initiative yet. We are now making promotion post to make people know that they can use it since it also has a deadline of the 31<sup>st</sup> of March.

iii. Workshops:

Kirsten Koolhof: We are in contact with the Youth Factory company. They provide a lot of workshops such as building your resume and presentation skills. We have a meeting scheduled with them in February to set a date and make the idea more concrete. We expected the first workshop in late March or beginning April depending on this companies availability.

- Thierry Witschge: In the policy plan it states that you will hold a poll or survey to measure the interest in the workshops, did you do that?
- Kirsten Koolhof: We mean as an evaluation.
- Thierry Witschge: Ohh that way, well why not both?
- Kirsten Koolhof: Good idea, thanks.
- Liz Masselink: April is a busy month, I would not do that.
- Kirsten Koolhof: Good point, thank you.
- Casper van Tongeren: Also take into account that the end of March is at exam times.
- Kirsten Koolhof: Good point as well, thank you.

iv. Active Member Application:

Kirsten Koolhof: We had a lot of active member applications. People who were interested got an information e-mail which was sent in the fourth week of September. After two weeks they received an invitation for an application.

- Sjoerd van den Assem: I am a bit concerned: I may have missed it but is there still promotion for not filled committees?
- Kirsten Koolhof: Yes and we will talk more about it in Committees.
- Margot Bakkes: Did everyone who applied get into a committee?
- Kirsten Koolhof: Unfortunately not because there were some people who only applied for some committees which were filled with other people.

c. Committees:

i. Pilot committees:

Kirsten Koolhof: We have four pilot committees: They are the Career Committee, Hitchhike Committee, Parent's Day Committee and the Sports Committee. Due to not finding enough members for both Hitchhike and Introduction Committee we decided to prioritize the Introduction Committee and close the Hitchhike Committee for this year. Now we put all of our focus on finding new members for the Introduction Committee. If we do not find enough members, we as the Board and with extra help from the faculty, will do a lot of work for this committee. For finding new members we will also focus on the exchange students coming back and making more promotion. Also, Board members and faculty will have a set scheduled meeting for the introduction to work it out as well as them searching for members.

- Sjoerd van den Assem: I think it is good for this year to skip Hitchhike Committee but what about that one member that was in there?  
Kirsten Koolhof: We talked with him about it and since it is his preference to not go to other committees so therefore he will not be an Active Member but as compensation he will join Active Member Weekend.
- Juli Dylla: So there will not be a Hitchhike?
- Kirsten Koolhof: Not this year.
- Margot Bakkes: Have you thought about stopping one of the committees already?
- Kirsten Koolhof: We did not but we will come back at it in GM 3.
- Damian Waij: Is the Bar Committee a pilot?
- All: Yes.

- ii. Magazine Committee:  
Kirsten Koolhof: The magazine committee is changed into the online committee. This committee had a rough start up, but after a couple of meetings the first newsletter will be expected to be out in February.
- iii. English names:  
Kirsten Koolhof: We call our "Council of Advice" the Advisory Board now, or shortened AB. Also the previous Child Studies Committee is now using the Dutch name of "Pedagogiek Commissie". We use the Dutch name since all of their activities and the whole study is in Dutch.
- Damian Waij: Is the Pedagogiek Commissie staying there?
  - Kirsten Koolhof: We voted it in as the Pedagogiek Commissie.
  - Liz Masselink: Child Studies has been voted in 4 years before as Pedcie so it should stay that way.
  - Kirsten Koolhof: We voted it in as the Pedagogiek Commissie but we will get back to you during the break.
- iv. Christmas Cards:  
Kirsten Koolhof: Every active member and brother and sister association received a Christmas Letter. Unfortunately we received a couple of letters back, and after re-sending them, we still have a few were returned. So, if you are an Active Member and you did not receive a Christmas Card, you can pick it up at the VSPVU room.
- Casper van Tongeren: Has this been communicated to every committee?
  - Kirsten Koolhof: Not yet but we will let everyone know in the Active Members Chat.
- d. Recognition:
- i. Media:  
Kirsten Koolhof: We invest more in Facebook and Instagram paid promotion. We are updating our LinkedIn and we are now focusing on adding externals like alumni. We are also posting things on the LinkedIn such as First Aid We will start promoting career or educational related events on there as well.
- Sjoerd van den Assem: How can I be a connection with you on LinkedIn? I could not find it.
  - Kirsten Koolhof: Oh, we will look at it as to how we can be found.
  - Kerem Özel: Also I added it in the news letter at the bottom part.
  - Sjoerd van den Assem: Okay, thanks.
- ii. Website:  
Kirsten Koolhof: We have internally changed a lot to our website. For example, we have reorganized the Organization part of the Admin so that all members will be put in the right folders when signing up and in such a manner that it will be easier than before for the upcoming secretaries. We have also adjusted the sign-up pages for Bachelor & Masters, as well as the account page so that all information can be filled in, including bank account numbers in a AVG-proof manner. We have also added the "I want to stay a member 2020-2021" checkmark as well as a pop-up on the website to alert members, so please check your membership as well. Finally, we are now cleaning up all forms and documents & in the upcoming period we are looking into making the website clearer with less pages & more informative pages. We all did this in preparation for the yearly contribution and making people sign up as much as possible digitally. When the pages have been reorganized, we will contact Genkgo for looking at website overhauls design-wise, since our priority is ease of use and accessibility. We also did this since it will lower the amount of time that Genkgo has to work on the website, which also means lower costs & more room for improvement.

- iii. Educational:
 

Kirsten Koolhof: We gave lecture talks to certain subjects in every year of bachelor psychology and child studies. Since this period the lectures are very busy we agreed on having lecture talks again starting from the 4<sup>th</sup> period.

  - Thierry Witschge: This might be a bit stupid but why is this called Educational?
  - Kirsten Koolhof: It is more about the connection with Educational parts.
  - Thierry Witschge: Sure but now it looks like we are educating people, but I might have missed it, my bad.
- e. Awareness
  - i. Environment:
 

Kirsten Koolhof: We are focusing on the environment and keeping it in the back of our mind. We created a workgroup within our Board who meet weekly to discuss new ideas and go to VU environmental meetings to inspire them. We implemented some things already: We are using the reusable plastic cups and do not use plastic cutlery at any of our events with exception of what we still had.

    - Giovanni Stickdorn: For the introduction Weekend: Are you buying anything for it? Because it was a mess during the Introduction Weekend.
    - Kirsten Koolhof: Yes, including the environment and awareness this is why we put this part in, but also for Introduction Weekend et cetera.
    - Casper van Tongeren: Many Introduction Weekend had too little cups, it was a disaster.
    - Kirsten Koolhof: We have over 200 cups that we can wash and re-use.
    - Casper van Tongeren: I would recommend ordering more from Bavaria since they are free.
    - Damian Waij: Or just do not break your cups.
    - Demi Acquoy: Or give out a coin for a cup and make people pay if they lose their cups.
    - Kirsten Koolhof: We will look into options for reusing and not breaking the cups.
    - Iris Doodeman: We used them during a Barco, towers of cups fell and they were very strong: Nothing broke. So no worries there.
    - Thierry Witschge: Or do something with a theme "Bring your own Cup" I do not know.
    - Kirsten Koolhof: We will take it into account, thank you for the multiple ideas.
  - ii. Safety:
 

Kirsten Koolhof: Board members are sticking to the rule of requesting the Board pass 24 hours upfront. All Board members fill in the request file if we need to use it. It has not been an issue yet with this deadline of requesting.
- f. Policy continuation:
  - i. Translation and internalization:
 

Kirsten Koolhof: We keep providing all the public documents in Dutch and English such as the GM documents. I personally want to apologize for this GM documents being late this time. This is due to some personal issues I had to face during the Christmas Break. We will prevent this from happening next time.
  - ii. General Meeting:
 

Kirsten Koolhof: We will organize four General Meetings, this will be our second, on the fourth of March the 3<sup>rd</sup> will be held and on the 10<sup>th</sup> of June our fourth.

    - Sterre Klazes: Does it mean that the committees have to translate all documents to both languages or only English?
    - Kirsten Koolhof: I will come back to you but I think only English is fine.
    - Sterre Klazes: Because the policy plan states all.

- iii. General Board Meetings:  
Kirsten Koolhof: If people do not know what this is: This is a meeting where all the chairs of the committees, Advisory Board and us the Board meet up every six weeks. We already had 4 General Board Meetings and two are still coming up. We try to sit with our chairs before the GBM. Sometimes we failed to do this so we will focus on this more during the upcoming General Board Meetings.
- iv. Meetings:  
Kirsten Koolhof: We are attending various meetings like SSPN, LOOP and the G5. These are meetings with other associations from in- and outside of the VU. We discuss current affairs within the association.
- v. Functioning:  
Kirsten Koolhof: We organized function trainings with mostly everybody in the committees and a few are still planned. We found out that 3 function trainings are too much and therefore decided to not held the function training in December. This was also due to lack of time for being with the 5. Though, in March we will organize the function trainings to refresh all the committee members again.
- vi. Birthday cards:  
Kirsten Koolhof: Birthday cards are written and send at the end of the month to all Active Members.
- vii. Budgets:  
Kirsten Koolhof: Committees could use their committee ten budgets. We set the deadline on the 7<sup>th</sup> of January. So, we closed it off now. Also people can still request the flexible committee budget. This is a budget that committees can use to improve their event with a little extra budget. The budget is requested by the chair of the committee in the General Board Meeting.
- viii. Education:  
Kirsten Koolhof: We provided snacks and membership forms during the lecture breaks in September and October in the subject of Psychology and Child Studies.
- ix. First Aid Course:  
Kirsten Koolhof: We had our first aid course, 17 people showed up. We liked it a lot, but unfortunately, we did not sell enough tickets and made a loss of 227 euros. Therefore, we advise the next Board to look into options of making it cheaper or organizing it differently.
- x. Alcohol & Drugs Policy:  
Kirsten Koolhof: We are sticking to the Alcohol and Drugs Policy the Board of 2017-2018 came up with. We did not have to act on it.
- Sjoerd van den Assem: I know that the 71<sup>st</sup> Board came up with it and we changed it, so what one are you doing?
  - Kirsten Koolhof: The most recent one.
  - Sjoerd van den Assem: Then you have to add that it is updated in the 2018-2019 Board year.
- xi. Long-Term Plan:  
Kirsten Koolhof: This year we have the task to rewrite the long term plan for 2020-2023. In this we write long term goals we want to reach for the association. We are starting up with the rewriting, therefore we are going to contact previous Boards to brainstorm about it. We also find the opinion of our members very important, so if you think something should be addressed, do not hesitate to contact us.
- Margot Bakkes: Are you going to evaluate the Long-term Plan when presenting the next one or before it?
  - Kirsten Koolhof: We will have to discuss but it sounds like a good idea.

## 7. Update Financial Statement:

Kirsten Koolhof: I will give the word to Alessia van Overbeeke for an update of the financial statement.

### **\*Alessia van Overbeeke presents Income\***

- Liz Masselink: I would like an English version please.
- Casper van Tongeren: I am curious if the bank account interest is final?
- Alessia van Overbeeke: I am not sure.
- Casper van Tongeren: Okay because it sounds like we have a lot of money but it is declining?
- Alessia van Overbeeke: Because it was not spread over the whole year and savings is not that high when I started.
- Sjoerd van den Assem: Also the interest is almost 0 percent at this point.

### **\*Alessia van Overbeeke presents Board Activities\***

- Sjoerd van den Assem: Maybe good to tell everyone about why the virtual of Active Member Weekend is high. Also about the Board drinks, is the third borrel already processed?
- Alessia van Overbeeke: Not yet. Also we have more money on Active Member Weekend since we have transferred some amount of Active Member Clothing over to the Weekend.
- Liz Masselink: I understand why it is different now, but why did you use the Clothing? Is it not the same that the price had to be adjusted?
- Alessia van Overbeeke: That is true but a lot did not order the sweater and it would make it way too cheap. In discussion with the Financial Audit we moved it over. Also we have a great event for the Active Member Weekend.
- Liz Masselink: Also, is the Tosti Thursday machine for mini-events and not for the room?
- Alessia van Overbeeke: We only use it for the Tosti Thursday mini-event and we only use that machine for the events, when making a tosti during the room itself you do not use the machine, but I will look into it for you.

### **\*Alessia van Overbeeke presents Committees\***

- Liz Masselink: The Hitchhike Committee will be cancelled, so what about the money?
- Alessia van Overbeeke: We have not decided it yet since we decided to cancel the committee last week, and since we have some concerning points we will keep it open for now.
- Liz Masselink: Okay, thank you.
- Damian Waij: How much was the speaker for the LEX?
- Alessia van Overbeeke: 275 euros.
- Damian Waij: Okay, then they just have a lot left to spend.
- Alessia van Overbeeke: That is because they sold more tickets than expected.

### **\*Alessia van Overbeeke presents Board Expenses\***

- Sjoerd van den Assem: On General Meeting, you got 17,40 euros. How much did you spend on this meeting?
- Alessia van Overbeeke: About 135 euros since it is a lot of vegetables, beer and the snacks in between.
- Casper van Tongeren: I may have missed this but in the Financial Statement of last year porto/print costs were declared to the faculty while in your it does not say so.
- Alessia van Overbeeke: Oh! That is a good point since the faculty will pay it, good point and I will come back to it at the next General Meeting. Thank you very much!

### **\*Alessia van Overbeeke presents Investments\***

- Casper van Tongeren: Is the loss for First Aid Course thanks to income?
- Alessia van Overbeeke: Yes, we did not sell enough.

- Margot Bakkes: Do you think you will get to minus 350 euros since you have most members already?
- Alessia van Overbeeke: We will use the iZettle more so we think it might increase and maybe we will get transaction costs through the website as well next introduction week.
- Demi Acquoy: Do not forget the merchandise tomorrow!
- Alessia van Overbeeke: We will not.
- Liz Masselink: I would put the christmas and birthday cards to porto/print costs so that you can use Misc. Investments on other stuff.
- Alessia van Overbeeke: I will look into that.
- Liz Masselink: We did not use the full 900 euros as well so I think it will work out.
- Juli Dylla: What is Misc. Investments?
- Alessia van Overbeeke: Anything that does not has a pot that makes sense in the Financial Budget.

**\*Alessia van Overbeeke presents Active Member Rewards\***

- Thierry Witschge: We had the same thing last year with the Committee Ten, so should we not do something with it since it happens every year that it is not used enough?
- Alessia van Overbeeke: It is hard to encourage people to bond at the start of the year so we wanted to try it out with the deadline, but we are looking into it more for next years.
- Liz Masselink: How is it possible that there is 610 euros left? More than half did not reimburse it?
- Alessia van Overbeeke: The bookselling did not for example as well as others. After the deadline some committees still came to reimburse it but we decided not to postpone the deadline. It is also a responsibility of the committee.
- Sjoerd van den Assem: I find it funny that there is never a round number for the amount.
- Alessia van Overbeeke: Because we also have committees of 5 members.
- Sjoerd van den Assem: Oh yes that makes sense, thank you.
- Casper van Tongeren: Would it be a weird idea to give committees a short amount of time to give people money for another outing?
- Alessia van Overbeeke: You will hear what we have planned next.
- Eline: The virtual result should be 470 euros as well right?
- Alessia van Overbeeke: I will come back to that later.

**\*Alessia van Overbeeke presents Totals\***

No questions.

**8. Voting Adjustment Financial Statement:**

Kirsten Koolhof: We would like to propose a change to the financial statement to spread out some money in a better way. Alessia van Overbeeke will now explain the differences.

**\*See the amounts below as to how they are being changed\***

Committee Ten Budget	-610 euros
Mini-events	+200 euros
Sports Committee	+100 euros
Flexible Committee Budget	+150 euros
General Board Meeting	+60 euros
Educational External Relations	+50 euros
Merchandise	+50 euros

- Liz Masselink: Why did you put it on mini-events since last year a lot was returned from Bavaria, so I do not think it is needed to put more on there.

- Alessia van Overbeeke: But I keep that out of the deposit and in Conscribo I made another post, so it is not on mini-events.
- Liz Masselink: Okay, second thing is that we are now taking money away from the Active Members while the returned money will not fully go back to all Active Members. It is more that it now goes to a lot of Members but not Active Members. Perhaps Active Member Weekend?
- Alessia van Overbeeke: That is a good point. That is why we decided to put Active Member Clothing to the Weekend and that is why we chose for this.
- Liz Masselink: But I do not think it is fair.
- Sjoerd van den Assem: I would like to add, because giving the Sports Committee the only extra money while it is their second year that they are here, while the Yearbook Committee is also in need of money every year.
- Alessia van Overbeeke: I can explain it for every committee, the point is that all committees got extra money than before. Only not the Sports Committee and they do not have a lot of money compared to the same committee style like Activity Committee. This year they are having great idea and that is why we thought that they deserve it.
- Sjoerd van den Assem: I understand, but to me it feels a bit unfair that they get more and the rest does not while they do not really need it.
- Alessia van Overbeeke: I was in contact with committees of which I thought they need it but they do not so that is why we choose this.
- Thierry Witschge: Next time that there is more money left, I would motivate the Flexible Committee Budget more or put it there, since it gives all committees the chance to get more. So put it on the Flexible Committee Budget and motivate the Sports Committee to request it.
- Alessia van Overbeeke: It is good that you state your point, thank you.
- Margot Bakkes: I completely disagree. I know that the only committee who requested it is the Sports Committee which evades their voting. I would suggest putting the 150 euros of Flexible Committee Budget to a more concrete plan. I do not know why but it seems like you are putting it somewhere just because you need to put it somewhere.
- Alessia van Overbeeke: That is a good point. I would like to propose a break to discuss it, so please address helpful things please.
- Casper van Tongeren: In going through the Financial Statement there are 2 posts of 1850 euros left of other posts as well, so maybe discuss that as well.  
Damian Waij: I totally agree with what Margot Bakkes said. After the Sports Committee's arguments, I would totally agree with putting it there. What I do not agree with is the 60 euros for the General Board Meeting, do we really need more? It feels misplaced. Good luck at the break!
- Sterre Klazes: I do not know if I missed it but are you extending the deadline for the introduction Committee and calculate it in?
- Alessia van Overbeeke: No, but good point.
- Lizaveta Vitsiankova: We already bonded.

**\*Break, the proposal has been rescheduled, see the amounts below\***

Committee Ten Budget	-550 euros
Mini-events	+200 euros
Sports Committee	+100 euros
Flexible Committee Budget	+150 euros
Active Member Weekend	+50 euros
Merchandise	+50 euros

- Sjoerd van den Assem: Good job making this PowerPoint so fast.
- Andrew de Ruiter: Thanks.
- Sjoerd van den Assem: Can we vote alongside the voting for Margot Bakkes?
- Kirsten Koolhof: Yes, we will do that.

## 9. Voting Advisory Board:

Kirsten Koolhof: We want to propose a new member of our Advisory Board. For people not familiar with the Advisory Board, they give us advice at our weekly Board meetings and help us out with our big events such as Active Member Day and Active Member Weekend. We have a potentially new member we would like to propose. So, I will give the word to Margot Bakkes to introduce herself.

### \*Introduction from Margot Bakkes\*

- Liz Masselink: Why do you want to apply now and not in September?
- Margot Bakkes: I wanted to but I was not sure that I can attend all events, but all important events for sure. When consulting with the Board they said that was fine.
- Casper van Tongeren: What do you find the most important?
- Margot Bakkes: That the Board is happy with each other so that they have a fun time with each other. The other two Advisory Board members do not, so I can give some good advice.
- Damian Waij: Both Advisory Board members mostly agree with each other while Margot Bakkes thinks differently, so it will be really beneficial.

Kirsten Koolhof: Thank you for the introduction Margot Bakkes. We will now hand out the voting sheets. If you want to vote, make sure your name and signature is down on the paper in the front. Andrew de Ruiter will now explain the voting procedure.

### \*Andrew de Ruiter explains the voting procedure\*

Voting – Adjustment Financial Statement:

- In favor: 35
- Against: 5
- Neutral: 5

Voting – Margot Bakkes for Advisory Board:

- In favor: 44
- Against: 0
- Neutral: 1

## 10. Annual Membership:

Kirsten Koolhof: In preparation of the annual contribution for our new members, we have made the following information video as to how you can confirm your membership for next year. Members who signed up before the academic year 2019-2020, you do have to say if you want to stay a member and fill in all information, while you will not be debited for the annual contribution. Please have a look at the video:

### \*All, applause\*

Andrew de Ruiter: Thank you.

Kirsten Koolhof: Thank you Andrew de Ruiter for making this video. For the transcript, the video shows that you can go to [vspvu.com/membership](http://vspvu.com/membership), sign in with your account and fill in the information as well as the checkmark to confirm your membership. If there are any questions how to do this, feel free to contact us.

- Casper van Tongeren: Whose voice is that?
- Andrew de Ruiter: Short answer, it is a robot. Long answer, it is an AI-driven voice made by Google used for enterprises to turn text into fluent speech using an analysis of pitch, speed, dialect and frequency.

### 11. Candidacy Board Information night:

Kirsten Koolhof: Are you interested in becoming a Board in the year 2020-2021? We have a series of events coming up for it. On the 3<sup>rd</sup> of February our first information night will be held, during this evening all Board members present their function and tell you more about Board life. On the 18<sup>th</sup> of February the open Board meeting will be held. This meeting gives you inside in our weekly meetings and all the things we discuss. The second information night will be with a fun question and answer round and is on the 3<sup>rd</sup> of March. You can sign up from the 3<sup>rd</sup> of February till the 13<sup>th</sup> of March. How to sign up will be all announced during our promotion.

- Demi Acquoy: What is your idea for promotion?
- Kirsten Koolhof: We are vlogging our Board life and there will be a vlog for each function. We will do a Q&A round in a low-key manner, the first information night is very informative and that are our main ideas so far. If you have any ideas, please let us know.

### 12. Idea box:

Kirsten Koolhof: We brought our beautiful green box: I will open it up and read out all of your good ideas you proposed.

#### \*Kirsten Koolhof opening up idea box and reading them out loud\*

- New chess Board and pieces
- Have a fresh fruit basket in the room with fruits
- Vegan and gluten-free tostis
- VSPVU bomber jacks
- Tosti ideas: Ham/cheese/pinapple, cheese/salami, cheese/knakworst, mozzarella/pesto/tomato
- Traincie: A committee which is all about focus groups to talk with each other and be open to each other while developing social skills
- Men day
- Beer tasting mini-event, if initiative let me know
- Hereby declare Bart and Margot Bakkes besides the honorary position, we will offer our services to the Board if known up front

Thank you for your ideas, we will look into them and will look into if we can do them.

### 13. Important Dates:

Kirsten Koolhof: We have a few important dates coming up so note them down:

- g. 16<sup>th</sup> of January: Pre-borrel #3: Reception
- h. 16<sup>th</sup> of January: Borrel #3 D-E-C-A-D-E-S
- i. 3<sup>rd</sup> of February: Candidacy Board information night
- j. 18<sup>th</sup> of February: Candidacy Board Open Board Meeting
- k. 3<sup>rd</sup> of March: Candidacy Board information night + Q&A
- l. 4<sup>th</sup> of March: General Meeting #3

### 14. A.O.B.:

- Kirsten Koolhof: We have looked at the Pedagogiek Commissie name and it has been voted in as Pedagogiek Commissie.
- Karlo Welch Welch Welch: Did everyone like the flags and prickers on the snacks?
- Damian Waij: It is a waste of resources to be honest.

### 15. Questions or Comments:

Kirsten Koolhof: Are there any questions or comments?

- Juli Dylla: When are the sign-ups for Chairmans and Chairwomans?
- Kirsten Koolhof: All of them are in May except for the Ski Trip Committee.
- Ida Rautiainen: I forgot to write it in the idea box but I wanted to ask for a new camera, the old one works but it is not great. The Yearbook Committee cannot take high-quality pictures with it.
- Kirsten Koolhof: We will look at it budget-wise, but thank you for saying so.
- Shannon Fredison: When will mentor sign-up start?
- Andrew de Ruiter: That information will follow very soon.

**16. Closing - Closed at 20:34:**

Kirsten Koolhof: Thank you all a lot for coming, we hope you liked it! You can also join us for a little drink in the VSPVU Room.