

TRANSCRIPT GM #1

DINNER 17:00 - START 18:00

13/09/2019
MF-A415

1. Opening

- Opened at 18:03

2. Announcements

- Dismission
Thierry Witschge: As you can see Dascha Verhagen is not present here today. This is due to the fact that Dascha Verhagen is not part of the 72nd board anymore. Before and during the summer break Dascha Verhagen had stopped replying to us after we have been sending messages. We did not understand why this was happening at first and decided to keep contacting her. Eventually after not hearing from her for weeks we told her we would wait for 2 weeks for a reply from her before we took other actions regarding board work and the association. Due to personal issues Dascha Verhagen was not able to do her job as chairwoman, contact person and board member. Together with the 6 of us we agreed that Dascha Verhagen would not be part of the board anymore so hereby we dismiss her from her function within the board.
- Anouk van Breukelen authorizes Demi Acquoy to vote
- Casper van Tongeren authorizes Demi Acquoy to vote
- Edmond Agabekian arrives later
- Maarten Gupffert arrives later
- Mandy Schunselaar arrives later
- Boaz Emanuels arrives later

3. Approval of Transcript

4. Approval of Agenda

5. Evaluation Policy Plan 2018-2019

- Thierry Witschge: Internationalization:
 - o The names are still in English and we think it worked quite well. The names are clearer to students and by now people are getting really used to the new names. We do however advise the Candidacy Board to return the Childco to a Dutch name since it is mainly focused on Dutch students.
 - o The documents were translated by the Board and some committees are still busy translating. We of course recommend this for the 73rd Board as well.
- Optimizing Committees:
 - o Contact persons have been talking with their Chairmen before the GBM's to make them more efficient. We recommend this to the Candidacy Board.
 - o Extra function trainings have helped during the year to understand the function better and to offer committee members a moment to ask questions and learn from each other, we recommend this to the Candidacy Board.

- Committee Clothing was according to template except for the Barco at the start of the year but we fixed that by adding nametags to the shirts. We recommend this to Candidacy Board as this gives people a file to work with and looks professional.
- The Board has been present at the bookselling balie, this was useful for promoting the membership continuation, to help the Bookselling Committee members and to promote events. We recommend this to the Candidacy Board.
- The Hitchhike is still pilot.
 - Naomi van der Berg: About translating the notes. Is there a deadline for committee chairmen or only a recommendation to the next board?
 - Thierry Witschge: We don't have a deadline set but it is good to have one, for the next Board that would be nice to advise that.
 - Naomi van der Berg: How are we sure the notes will be translated?
 - Thierry Witschge: We know which committees were Dutch so we can just check if all those documents are translated.
 - Mike Bisschop: Wondering about the Hitchhike Committee. Did you think it was useful for them to be pilot again?
 - Thierry Witschge: We think it worked well, since they got a way to think of new activities like the camping activity, just a little different. We think it was useful to make them think of a new way to implement hitchhiking in other activities.
- Thierry Witschge: Committee Budgets:
 - The flexible committee budget was higher (1000 euros). This made committees use their money more efficient but also granted them the opportunity to request more money if necessary without immediately making it impossible for others. Was requested 7 times and used 6 times. We recommend a higher flexible budget to the Candidacy Board.
 - Pieter Braak: What kind of use did committees make of it?
 - Thierry Witschge: For instance, the Activity committee did the Apenkooien activity, Convention for goodies and caterer, which adds to the quality of a Convention. Study Trip for the party boat which was a huge success, so it paid off well in the form of happiness.
 - Mike Bisschop: Over the year I noticed that the same committees who request it requested it again. Maybe good for the Candidacy Board to think that this amount of money is used for the flexible budget or for the Committees themselves.
- Thierry Witschge: Accessibility - Room:
 - The idea box has been with us to every GM. It was a good addition but it had been misused sometimes. But it's zero effort to have it and people like to put ideas in it so we recommend it. So recommend it as well.
 - We had multiple mini events like: Movie Morning, Sinterklaasborrel, New Years Dinner, Kings Night Borrel, and Alumni Borrel and Welcome to Amsterdam. These mini events were all a big success.
- Thierry Witschge: Professionalization:
 - The posters have been hung on the same wall for the whole year. This made the room look less messy and people knew where to look for the upcoming events. We recommend this to the Candidacy Board.

- The monthly compilation has been shown, though unfortunately not on the TV every time. The quality of the TV was not great and we did not always have the correct cable for it. And once I forgot to put it on so shame on me. The initiative was fun but the execution could have been better. We recommend this to the Candidacy Board but with a different execution.
- Thierry Witschge: Involvement - General Meeting:
 - There have been 4 General Meetings with a Council of Advice member as chairman. This helped with efficiency of the meeting. We recommend this to the Candidacy Board.
 - The idea box was brought to the GM's.
- Thierry Witschge: Involvement - Transition yearly contribution:
 - We promoted the continuation of membership in lecture talks, at the balie, through Facebook and the website. This helped as we could directly see that people continued their membership. We recommend this to the Candidacy Board.

Mike Bisschop: About the General Meeting chair. I want to say that I don't think it adds much to have a Council of Advice member there, it might even subtract some of the quality, since you lose a critical person in the General Meeting.

Lisa Dennert: I agree that I don't think it was an added value, but I don't agree that you are missing a critical person. In a situation like this you can always ask each other.

Thierry Witschge: We will have the Candidacy Board think about this.
- Thierry Witschge: Image - Media:
 - We have done 3 Instagram Stories every week except for the summer break. We did not do the Snapchat every week as we found it wasn't viewed. We do recommend the Instagram Stories to the Candidacy Board. People liked it and we heard people talk about it as well.
- Thierry Witschge: Safety – Alcohol and drug policy:
 - The policy is there and we had to act upon it 2 times this year. People understand the consequences of it. It's good it's there, we recommend this to Candidacy Board.
- Thierry Witschge: Safety – First Aid:
 - We had the First Aid course. A lot of people enjoyed the event and learned a lot. It was in the first place meant for active members to contribute to the safety at events but also a lot of non-members came. This was beneficial for the reach of the VSPVU. Unfortunately, there had been miscommunication about a certificate though and that's why we could not get it. We still think people learned a lot there.

Kieran Everts: I think the First Aid course was cool, was a good idea.
- Thierry Witschge: Policy continuation:
 - We still attended national meetings like SSPN and LOOP but also the G5.
 - We are still sending birthday cards.
 - We had first year lecture breaks and Welcome to Amsterdam, it was a huge success.
 - We posted the monthly compilation online every 1st day of the month with the exception of 1 time when I posted it on the 2nd.

- We were about to organize a Career Day, but SPS-NIP canceled the Career Day, not enough tickets have been sold. We wanted to change the date together with the school, but SPS-NIP backed out.
- We did the lecture talks. It helped gaining attention for media and events.
- We had merch. We had the water bottles and pens. People liked them.
- The break films were not allowed at the start of the year as we were not allowed to contact the teachers. Later in the year it was allowed but we believe they weren't played every time and it had been forgotten sometimes. We don't think anyone ever saw the break films that we made, so the Candidacy Board can do more lecture talks maybe, that reaches more people.
- We eventually had 413 bachelor members and 15 master members. Way more than we expected, masters we aimed for 15 and got 15.
Joy Caupain: The VSPVU pens, was that from this year?
Thierry Witschge: It was free merch. They were in the room and you could just take it, we did not charge money for it.
- Thierry Witschge: Outside of policy:
 - We did make a cleaning schedule for ourselves, because we did not want to be in the mess anymore. It is good to recommend that to the Candidacy Board.
 - We had a pub crawl which we did before a Borrel. People thought it was a great event and people want more. Apart from the successful pub crawl it made people join the Borrel. We recommend this as well to the Candidacy Board.
 - We have changed our pub from Woody's to Heeren van Aemstel. During the year, we found that the Heeren van Aemstel wasn't that full yet, but with an eye on the future this was a good choice. In the introduction week it was very full.
Kieran Everts: If I can give one advice for the Heeren van Aemstel, the music. A good idea to communicate about music in order to improve it.
Karlo Welch: I was the contact person for the previous one and this year we want to make it more international.
Naomi van der Berg: Maybe you can put it in the promotion of the Borrel, like a poll what people want to hear. It will maybe make people come to the Borrel.
Kieran Everts: Maybe not just artists, but also styles of music.

6. Evaluation Financial statement 2018-2019

- Thierry Witschge: Some money is missing, halfway through June the board debit card was missing and a couple of transactions were made, we immediately blocked it and went to the police to tell them about the situation. Today we found out they stopped the investigation because there were no subjects. So that is a yay for the police. We were shocked when we found out the money was missing and we want to know what happened, but there is no way to find out.
Kieran Everts: In terms of how it impacts the VSPVU can you get money back?
Thierry Witschge: There is no way to get the money back.

Kieran Everts: If you have a report from the police that they say it was not you, you could get money back.

Liz Masselink: In total it is 135 euros, so not that much money. We can still try to go to the bank and take the police report.

Lisa Dennert: One time I lost my debit card and I called the bank and reported it stolen and they gave the amount back without question.

Thierry Witschge: Maybe we can go to the bank with the police report.

- **Liz Masselink presents the Financial Statement 2018-2010.**

- Income

Amelie van den Boom: For the sponsoring. The 19th of September you said, so you send out the invoices last week?

Liz Masselink: We sent them this summer, but they had an automatic reply saying that they had summer and last week we sent them again and almost everyone responded that they forwarded it to their financial department.

Zorgstudent also said that they did not want to pay because no there is no cooperation, but we have a signed contract of both parties, so we are on it.

Amelie van den Boom: You have over 400 euros more on contribution, what did you spend it on?

Liz Masselink: We already divided the money in the second General Meeting I believe, do not know which posts exactly anymore. I believe to General Meeting, General Board Meeting and some committees.

- Board activities

Naomi van der Berg: Maybe for the next Board you can keep in mind for the mini events that you get a lot of deposit money back, this year they were a little bit sober.

Liz Masselink: Bavaria at some point gave us 2000 euros back, it is really hard to make a file for it but you could keep better track of all the money

Kieran Everts: Are we going to change the sponsor this year or keeping Bavaria?

Liz Masselink: We are going to keep Bavaria.

Kieran Everts: Would it be possible to have craft beer nights as well?

Liz Masselink: You can send all your ideas to the Candidacy Board as well like this.

- Committees

Amelie van den Boom: The Study Trip was in May, maybe send an collection agency.

Liz Masselink: I talked to the persons who have not paid yet. I made a little agreement with them. I do believe they will pay and they have until the end of September, otherwise we are going through bigger consequences.

Naomi van der Berg: About the LEX. Last General Board Meeting a lot of people wanted you to do another LEX, but it is not here and you promised.

Damian Waij: We had a meeting and then motivation seemed high, then a few talks but it was not going anywhere, mostly on my part. I had a very tough summer, but we decided not to do anything, because also personally it is not working anymore.

Naomi van der Berg: About the Study Trip. How many people still need to pay?

Liz Masselink: one person still needs to pay the whole thing, some things in my admin did not go through the whole thing so they were not included and I am going to work on that.

Naomi van der Berg: Maybe for next year change the system and make people pay for the trip immediately, because this happened last year as well. In the last General Board Meeting a few people were asking about not getting a present, then there was money left from the unforeseen, then you as a Board said that you would do a gift. What happened with that?

Liz Masselink: They sent in their budget for that maybe 24 hours before the Borrel, I did not have the time to check that big budget. That is why I told them it was not working out to give it at the Borrel, then we came up with the idea to do something later or in the form of a drinking card. We presented it to the committee, but they did not want that. We told them to order the gifts and give them at the BBQ Borrel, but they never ordered it and never did it. Next time for the Board, if you want to have a gift for your reunion, hand in your budget on time, it takes time to check it. Also respect the fact that if it does not work out, it does not work out.

Naomi van der Berg: Next time if they would get angry, just say that they were too late and do your own plan.

- Board expenses

Amelie van den Boom: What is the maximum you can spend on porto print?

Liz Masselink: It was 800 euros, for next year 900 euros.

- Active member rewards

Lisa Dennert: Can you still buy stuff after your discharge?

Damian Waij: Yes we can.

Mike Bisschop: They can still buy stuff up until you close the budget, you can buy until the maximum amount of money that is on the budget.

- Totals

Mike Bisschop: So the missing money from the debit card. Is that in the current balance or virtual result? Because your virtual result is around 700 euros more. So what should the unforeseen expenses be?

Liz Masselink: The amount in the current balance. The one thing that has to be changed is that the unforeseen expenses in the current balance are the same as virtual result, which means that there will be even more money left.

7. Financial Audit 2018-2019

- Mike Bisschop: We did 4 or 5 financial audits this year, almost every one of our comments were fixed by Liz Masselink. At this point the only condition on which we advise discharge is that they continue to end the sponsorship well and do all the procedures properly, and the Board agrees to this. Therefore, the Financial Audit proposes to give them discharge.
- Thierry Witschge: There is a voting. Sjoerd van den Assem will tell the last voting procedure.
- Mike Bisschop: Lending discharge means that we take the financial responsibility away from the 72nd board, which means that they are no responsible anymore for the financial situation anymore.

8. Voting discharge

- In favor: 25
- Neutral: 1
- Against: 2

Pieter Braak: I can be a little pancake; it would be so Pieter if the chocolate would melt. I put them in the fridge and now there is one ugly one, but the 71st board wants to thank you for all your hard work.

- Thierry Witschge: Everyone thank you for this year, we want to invite the 73rd Candidacy Board to come over here.

Sjoerd van den Assem leaves the position of transcribing, Andrew de Ruiter takes over.

9. Policy Plan 2019-2020

Kirsten Koolhof: Hello everyone, we are very welcome to present our Policy Plan of the academic year 2019-2020. Before I start reading this policy we would really appreciate if any spelling errors are made, send us an e-mail so we can adjust it as soon as possible. Also, since we have limited time during this meeting this will help us save time.

- Kirsten Koolhof: Current State of Affairs:

Lisa Dennert: The first sentence states Footcie, the one afterwards Physico. Is that accidental or for a reason?

Kirsten Koolhof: That is an mistake.

Naomi van der Berg: About pilot committees: Parent's Day is still a pilot but is not there?

Kirsten Koolhof: You're right and we will add that, sorry.

Naomi van der Berg: And you still say that we have a new corporate identity but we have it for over 10 years. Perhaps that is not needed anymore.

Kirsten Koolhof: We can look into it.

Amelie van den Boom: Ever since 2014-2015 Slimstudereren took over summaries, and after 2016-2017 AthenaSummaries took over, but we have summaries since way before that.

Kirsten Koolhof: Okay we will adjust that, thanks.

Naomi van der Berg: The thing about the glass door and the board room, I would leave out since it's not really relevant. Second, I don't understand why safety and first aid course was done as well this year. So I would say remove it or add that they did it this year as well.

Kirsten Koolhof: I think we will add that then, thank you.

Liz Masselink: I have something that is really important but is not stated. I know that you guys changed it yearly contribution already, it is really important to state here as well.

Kirsten Koolhof: We will add that and I want to explain it: this year onwards we're doing a yearly contribution: first year students will have to pay a 30 euros first time fee and 5 euros yearly fee, so that will still be 35 euros for the first year. For Master is it the same but it is 15 euros: 10 euros first fee and 5 euros yearly fee. That is what changed this year onwards.

Naomi van der Berg: I feel like maybe the whole Current State of Affairs, it is one of the biggest things that happened last 5 years. The whole thing about mourning protocol or a pub crawl – I like it – but it should not be in Current State of Affairs. Also, internationalization started in 2017 as well so I would change that to "because of internationalization we started to spend time on and that's why" etc.

Lisa Dennert: I agree with Naomi to make it as short and relevant as possible.

- Kirsten Koolhof: Policy Plan:
 - o Kirsten Koolhof: We are very proud to finally present our policy and ideas. Our policy does not have a very strong vision itself but smaller ideas. This is due to the main goal of providing the association with a good strong base, and here for trust of our members is the keyword. With the big growth of the psychology students and therefore our association, we have to make sure everybody in our association finds its own place also including Child Study Students. Also, with the policy of last year, where a lot of changes have been made, we will focus on the essence of the association first, which is having a good time together and learning from each other, before adding any big projects.
 - Amelie van den Boom: The whole last part you just said is not in the Policy Plan.
 - Kirsten Koolhof: Yes that is what I added myself. The last sentence is "The 73rd Board will also evaluate and rewrite the long-term plan of the VSPVU." I will state what is my own part and what is not. The parts which are in the policy plan will not be transcribed, my own part will be for clarification.
- Kirsten Koolhof: Engagement – Board Recognition:
 - o In the newsletter a member of the Board will inform members of activities he or she does as a member of the Board, this will be function related. The blog can also exist out of pictures or a video.
 - Mike Bisschop: Two things: if online committee isn't voted in then you can't state that and have to change it. Also, what kind of stuff do you have in mind for online committee?
 - Kirsten Koolhof: Examples like vlogging or an online blog but will be explained later.
 - Demi Acquoy: You want to do this all year?
 - Kirsten Koolhof: At least everyone one time during the year.
 - Demi Acquoy: And not in the promotion?
 - Kirsten Koolhof: We want to make sure that our work is clear the whole year but will add that for sure.
- Kirsten Koolhof: Engagement – Relations tutors:

No questions.
- Kirsten Koolhof: Engagement – Merchandise:
 - o We have set a fixed date for the merchandise so people can enjoy their merchandise during the rest of the academic year of 2019-2020.
 - Amelie van den Boom: About the relationship with tutors. It says "This will be done by sending an introductory e-mail to certain tutors about the association and her events in the first semester." How will you make sure that every teacher is reached by that point if they don't teach in the first semester?
 - Kirsten Koolhof: We will look into it with the tutors and see what is possible for them as well.
 - Naomi van der Berg: I'm very confused. Relationships tutors: perhaps a better idea to contact the coordinator because in the past we had contact with a lot of tutors and went mad because of lots of mails: maybe you can go directly to her if she can ask the tutors. I know it's annoying but I think that if we do that again and then it will be a struggle for 2 years again.

Kirsten Koolhof: That's a good resolution in between.

Mike Bisschop: What kind of merch?

Kirsten Koolhof: We are for example looking into VSP-Plu's (umbrellas) and engraved wine glasses. They are expensive but still looking into it.

Demi Acquoy: Why do you state a deadline?

Kirsten Koolhof: Also to enjoy merch during our board year but also to have an extra way of pressuring and motivating us.

Demi Acquoy: what if you don't have anything and do something due to the deadline?

Karlo Welch: That should be a minor issue that can happen but we do not expect that to happen.

Naomi van der Berg: Yeah. Nevermind.

Lisa Dennert: Can I get an English version for Naomi van der Berg?

Mike Bisschop: General tip: look into the Dutch version for translations.

Some things are translated without their context. For example "Inzet" and "engagement" which is not really correct.

Kirsten Koolhof: We will look into it.

Lisa Dennert: Maybe look at previous policy plans for the translations. I do remember that they have the same, just like "betrokkenheid".

- Kirsten Koolhof: Engagement – VSPVU-Room:
 - o The VSPVU room has a new layout. A new couch and table has been added. Cable management in the Board room is added to make this room more accessible.
- Liz Masselink: Why did you put in that you want the photos before the 1st of January? I would leave it out because it doesn't add anything and now it looks like afterwards you will not hang photos up.
- Kirsten Koolhof: It's not meant that way but we will change that, good point.
- Eleanor Koomen: what do you mean by that events will be shown more in the room?
- Kirsten Koolhof: I think it's not a good sentence but it's just pictures in the room of the events.
- Kieran Everts: compliments on the couch!
- Kirsten Koolhof: Thanks, it was free though.
- Thierry Witschge: I like the cleaning point but don't become slaves of the association. Tell people to clean up behind themselves as well.
- Kirsten Koolhof: Members – New Members:
 - o For now there are 438 new Bachelor members and 13 new Master members. The aim to achieve 500 Bachelor members and 15 Master members is to give more lecture talks, talks at workgroups, inform tutors about the association and through social media. To achieve the 15 master students there will be an event particularly for master students on the 13th of September, lecture talks and social media. Tutors will not be involved since this was clearly stated by the tutors of the masters.
- Naomi van der Berg: Great for the many people! But maybe think about what it thinks for our associations: more committees, less committees etc. Maybe sit with the Board what it means if we have so many people and

what we will do with that. I do think that it is important to not only be happy but also to see what can happen.

Kirsten Koolhof: Good point.

Pieter Braak: consider how many people come to the VSPVU? I haven't seen new students yet.

Kieran Everts: I do think that many people will come since many enjoyed introduction Weekend!

Kirsten Koolhof: Also this is not set yet but faculty wants to make psychology numerus fixus (Selection) we don't know if it happens but for next board it can be important.

Pieter Braak: Politicians are making it harder for university to have selections so keep track of that as well.

Kirsten Koolhof: We had a meeting with the faculty and they said that as well. For now, they want selection on Internationals and priority to Psychology.

Amelie van den Boom: it is kind of already. We voted on it already

Kirsten Koolhof: So it's already set then. This year they didn't but for next year it probably will be.

- Kirsten Koolhof: Members – Member Initiative:

- The reason for this fixed date is that money in the member initiative was often left over and not used. If it is not used up until 31st of March the money will still be useful and spend on the members which has eventually the same purpose.

Eleanor Koomen: I was wondering how are you planning on promoting Member Initiative better because it's kind of difficult to convince people to go through with it.

Kirsten Koolhof: we will think about it, thanks.

Naomi van der Berg: I actually think it's not a policy plan point because it's more for your budget. It's too small to be a point. If you would put in "we really want to promote so we will do this and this" then great but now it is only a deadline. For me it doesn't make sense but I don't know if anyone agrees.

Amelie van den Boom: I don't: normally it isn't used.

Naomi van der Berg: I do think it's a great point but not for policy.

Kirsten Koolhof: You would suggest making it bigger saying how to do it?

Naomi van der Berg: Yes.

Kirsten Koolhof: okay thank you.

Mike Bisschop: Member Initiative hasn't been used much. Maybe look at how people can use it, making it easier and help through the process.

Kirsten Koolhof: good point, it would help for making it more attractive.

- Kirsten Koolhof: Members – Workshops:

- Contact with external parties are made to provide the students the options of attending a low key and cheap event to improve their personal skills that are not taught in courses.

Eleanor Koomen: I do like the idea however as a board don't organize it.

Committees are for this and maybe you take ideas away from them.

Naomi van der Berg: Kind of the same but also maybe look into what is academic development: ask students I don't know. I feel like it's a big term

in which a lot falls underneath. What do they want to learn because not it looks vague? And also, for Child Studies?

Kirsten Koolhof: for example, presentation skills you will learn those skills which is usable for every study, not only Psychology or Child Studies. We want it broad.

Naomi van der Berg: I like the ideas but ask students in lectures.

Kieran Everts: I find it a good idea but it depends on the VSPVU. If you have too much work to do then maybe not but giving the responsibility to committees might not show the name of the association, not specific committee. It would help the name reputation if the VSPVU creates workshops for students. The only things from the Board are borrels and mini-events and career days and things like that. Workshops will help people who are not interested in those events. I think it's really cool that you want to take this role.

Kirsten Koolhof: thank you.

- Kirsten Koolhof: Committees – Pilot Committees:

Naomi van der Berg: Quick question: why have you chosen to keep the hitchhike as a pilot committee?

Kirsten Koolhof: We want to evaluate all committees in the last General Meeting and we want to see how their upcoming event will go.

- Kirsten Koolhof: Committees – Footcie:

Sjoerd van den Assem: Why did you decide to go for the name Footcie since the committee wanted to be called Physico.

Kirsten Koolhof: in the Internal Regulations it is stated that way I believe. I will check.

Liz Masselink: why is this in the policy plan? I don't mean it rude but it should not be here since it's already pilot, just like Hitchhike. We should not describe every committee so I don't see the added value.

Kirsten Koolhof: Good point. We'll discuss it. Also we thought it was meant to be in here but we will discuss it.

Amelie van den Boom: I think it's good because you will never hear that they are a pilot and will stay for 10 years then.

Liz Masselink: but for me it is expected that they will evaluate it and it is mentioned beforehand.

Naomi van der Berg: I agree with Liz Masselink but it is also in current state of affairs and if you want to know something about Internal Regulations.

Amelie van den Boom: They have to be voted in as not a pilot committee if they want to be in the Internal Regulations.

Damian Waij: I think it is a good idea to look into this in the Internal Regulations.

- Kirsten Koolhof: Committees – Ouderdagcie:

Mike Bisschop: Do you mean in this meeting or the June meeting?

Kirsten Koolhof: June.

Mike Bisschop: Just wanted to confirm thanks.

Boaz Emanuels: I noticed that sometimes the committees should have at least X members. Do you know what happens when they have less members? Will the whole committee disappear?

- Kirsten Koolhof: This is our goal, if it does not happen, we will have to discuss and adjust it.
- Kirsten Koolhof: Committees – Magazine Committee:
 - Eleanor Koomen: not really about this but why did you choose to do some of the old names in policy and some English? It's not consistent.
 - Kirsten Koolhof: That's a mistake and we will alter this.
 - Kirsten Koolhof: Committees – Online Committee:
 - o Everyone should have gotten a paper and I will read through it out now.
 - Eleanor Koomen: About Magazine/Online: combine those points.
 - Kirsten Koolhof: good comment.
 - Liz Masselink: you stated in history of the Tranz "due to the decline..." the faculty didn't decide to stop: we did. Faculty agreed but was not from their part.
 - Kirsten Koolhof: we will alter this in the handbook, thanks.
 - Thierry Witschge: I really like the idea but the way it is stated now is very broad: it is a good idea to give them a way to work with like the Tranz but in a different way, otherwise they won't know what to do. If no one knows what to do it will make no sense. Give them a goal and see if they can make it bigger.
 - Sterre Klazes: You are speaking about articles, studies and interesting studies. How are you going to actively promote that they can read it when bored?
 - Kirsten Koolhof: good point, we still have to discuss this.
 - Mike Bisschop: good point Sterre Klazes, I think changing to an online committee is good though.
 - Iris Doodeman: It is said that it should have 4 up to 6 members with only 4 functions. I would specify 6 functions then that would might be better because at some point they will like to have specific functions.
 - Kirsten Koolhof: We will discuss this as well.
 - Eleanor Koomen: We think that this will not give the Tranz a new life but this is more like a new committee.
 - Liz Masselink: Basically the tranz is going away and you make a new committee for it and for that you have to vote in the whole committee. You cannot make it a pilot and give it a new name. So it should be voted in at the General Board Meeting.
 - Mike Bisschop: A General Meeting can always overthrow the General Board Meeting. If it would be voted on it separately it should be fine.
 - Eleanor Koomen: It's still in the Internal Regulations.
 - Mike Bisschop: Then change the Internal Regulations.
 - Eleanor Koomen: Then it's still 2 steps.
 - Liz Masselink: You also have to make the Tranz a voting then.
 - Damian Waij: I think it's a good thing to look into it before voting during the break.
 - Demi Acquoy: a week full of speakers is almost the same as convention?
 - Kirsten Koolhof: We will skip that.
 - Demi Acquoy: and 1200 euros is vague and might be much?
 - Kirsten Koolhof: This is what the faculty gives us.

Alessia van Overbeeke: We are talking with the faculty about re-investing this amount.

Thierry Witschge: the way it is stated now it states they can make any investment they want and we will still invest in it. Before they buy Facebook for example, you might want to adjust that.

Kirsten Koolhof: Good point! We will change that.

Sjoerd van den Assem: You state that the 73rd Board will invest but it is faculty money that is being invested so the board does nothing.

Naomi van der Berg: How did you as a board calculate it? Did you do "the school does 1200 euroes so we as well" or differently?

Alessia van Overbeeke: perhaps this is something more for the budget?

Naomi van der Berg: oh sure!

Pieter Braak: About the last sentence: don't put it in since they can buy other stuff as well.

Kirsten Koolhof: we will remove that.

Damian Waij: Also it is a handbook so this will be subject to change.

Liz Masselink: Is this faculty money? Because by what is said now this is not what the faculty has planned. So perhaps I can sit with you all as well since it's not as planned.

Alessia van Overbeeke: what I did is put all money that you spoke of I put there but the Tranz stated 1200€ so that will be there as well.

Liz Masselink: Just so you know, the school didn't have this in mind.

Alessia van Overbeeke: We will still have Tranz 0 since it is introduction Tranz.

Liz Masselink: The main point is that the school wants to know what you will be doing with the money and they did not expect this. So be aware of that they might decline it.

Naomi van der Berg: The last years filling committees was hard. This one does not have a chair so how do you see it get filled?

Karlo Welch: it really depends on the Meet The Committees event and the interest of the students. Then we can work accordingly.

Kirsten Koolhof: We also have a lot of promotion planned for meet the committees.

Sterre Klazes: In the Policy Plan it states that it will have at least 4 and others 3, why?

Kirsten Koolhof: Good point, creative coordinator is needed a lot for this committee so that is why we chose this.

Boaz Emanuels: Is there already a plan B for something for if a committee is not filled in?

Karlo Welch: It all depends on how good or how bad. If all fails, we should look into it.

Boaz Emanuels: And what is your worst-case scenario?

Karlo Welch: Something we have to discuss and look into it.

Naomi van der Berg: Maybe make filling up committees an A.O.B.?

Kirsten Koolhof: Yes, we will.

Thierry Witschge: Something that came to mind: the Online Committee has to be complete corporate identity. Every online platform has to support that as well. Look into that.

Amelie van den Boom: For the biggest part I agree but some things you can't do. The website is not even corporate identity. It should be the closest thing.

Thierry Witschge: Yes I agree but do look into it.

Amelie van den Boom: At some platforms it might be really hard.

Naomi van der Berg: Overall I think it's a good replacement, one thing: VIB has a social media committee of some sorts they also have their own Instagram. Maybe look into that, keep it apart from the board as well. If they are in the committee they might ask it.

Kirsten Koolhof: good point!

- Kirsten Koolhof: Committees – Advisory Board:

- This change is made due to the fact that the association is growing with her international members. The correct translation of council of advice is Advisory Board and therefore we choice to make this adjustment to make it understandable for all the members.

Naomi van der Berg: Sorry but I would actually put these 2 points under English names and add these, then talk about pilot committees. It's quite empty and makes a space in the policy.

Kirsten Koolhof: Good point, will do.

- Kirsten Koolhof: Brand Recognition – Media:

Sjoerd van den Assem: does that mean that you will never use Snapchat again?

Kirsten Koolhof: We do not use it anymore.

Eline Garssen: I would remove the sentence; it doesn't add anything about Snapchat.

Kirsten Koolhof: So remove the sentence and not use it?

Eleanor Koomen: Yes so you can still do so if you want to.

- Kirsten Koolhof: Brand Recognition – Website:

- Andrew de Ruiten is already in contact with Genkgo, they haven't responded yet but the aim is to make an appointment soon.

Naomi van der Berg: When you want to change the website, put a lot of money onto it since Genkgo is expensive.

Kirsten Koolhof: We have 750 euros planned on it.

Naomi van der Berg: That will be enough.

Amelie van den Boom: What do you mean with informational pages?

Kirsten Koolhof: Pages which are not working anymore or incorrect.

Eleanor Koomen: You say Genkgo has been contacted but have you already checked what is possible?

Kirsten Koolhof: we have sent a mail out with no response. For first semester we will have a plan for the front page at least because there is a lot we want to add.

- Kirsten Koolhof: Brand Recognition – Educational:

- Lecture talks are held in the first year of Psychology and Child Studies, tomorrow a lecture talk in the lecture of 'Neuropsychology' will be held for the 2nd year Psychology students.

- Kirsten Koolhof: Awareness – Environment:

- This will be done by using glasses, plates and cutlery at the location during for example AMW. Unfortunately Amsterdam does not separate garbage so

this will not be beneficial to us. At locations where the associations go and the local does handle separating garbage, this will be done.

Demi Acquoy: Nice idea.

Damian Waij: Thank you.

Naomi van der Berg: Nice point but how are you guys to replace plastic cutlery?

Kirsten Koolhof: we have some ideas with money on it as well. For example, like today sugar cane plates, but also invest in real plates etc.

Naomi van der Berg: Make a big thing out of it because people really like environmental change things!

Damian Waij: We really like environment things.

Demi Acquoy: Maybe an idea for active member day is renting plates and stuff. You don't have to clean and bring it.

Sterre Klazes: with HEMA you can do that.

Kirsten Koolhof: Very good idea!

- Kirsten Koolhof: Awareness – Safety:

Thierry Witschge: Make sure to change boardpass to board credit card.

Kirsten Koolhof: Good point.

Naomi van der Berg: It is really tragic but I think losing the debit card can always happen. In our year they broke in but there are some unforeseen things which you cannot prevent. I like the point but things can still happen because you can never prevent everything, you shouldn't make it too hard for yourselves as a Board so I would not put it in the policy.

Mike Bisschop: I agree but also if the treasurer now is corrupt, you're fucked in this policy point. The treasurer is the only one to touch the debit card unless she approves. It could create a lot of problem. Also, by the bank only treasurer is authorized. I don't think this is a good way to say it.

Alessia van Overbeeke: If I want to use the board pass, the vice treasurer has to sign for it. If it is not signed it is mis-used.

Kirsten Koolhof: And then we would know it would be the treasurer.

Eleanor Koomen: I wanted to say it's a good idea and one person responsible; you know where to look. It's only better to make sure that there is only one person responsible at one time. Other associations have this as well and it works.

Liz Masselink: I think it's more within each other instead of in the policy plan for everyone. The treasurer is always the only authorized person. Also, the requesting, I don't think it's needed since it is normal already. The board debit card is already on the Board's name so I don't see the added value for the policy plan, other than an internal rule for the 5 of you.

Boaz Emanuels: I agree with Eleanor Koomen. It's good to have 1 person in charge but the minimal of 24 hours I don't get why?

Kirsten Koolhof: We thought because then we can inform each other as well, and also we can discuss if we agree or not.

Boaz Emanuels: So the last sentence is more like formality?

Kirsten Koolhof: Yes it might be a good idea to skip the last sentence but then the Board has the rule as well within each other?

Boaz Emanuels: Yes that would be better.

Thierry Witschge: what's the conclusion since it is not clear for me?

Kirsten Koolhof: We will skip the last sentence and will have the rule within each other as well. So we will keep the 24 hours.

Mike Bisschop: So the only thing added value is the 24 hour thing? I don't think it's a point for the policy plan. It's good to think about it but I wouldn't see it as policy but as an Internal regulation.

Kirsten Koolhof: we will discuss it, thanks.

- Kirsten Koolhof: Policy Continuation – Active Member Applications:
 - Thierry Witschge: This is policy continuation, right? Not a policy point?
 - Kirsten Koolhof: It is in policy continuation already.
 - Thierry Witschge: I didn't say anything.
 - Demi Acquoy: isn't the 4th week late? My kids are asking about it, mails have been sent for interest etc.
 - Kirsten Koolhof: It is more like a deadline, so it can be sooner as well. It's more for ourselves.
 - Demi Acquoy: That is not how it will be stated here.
 - Kirsten Koolhof: We will adjust that, thanks.
 - Eleanor Koomen: I don't think this is something for policy plan at all.
 - Kirsten Koolhof: We will discuss and check it.
 - Sjoerd van den Assem: Not really policy related but as advice: I would send the mails right now because otherwise it will be late, so tomorrow or Friday, as soon as possible.
 - Kirsten Koolhof: good point.
- Kirsten Koolhof: Policy Continuation – Translation and Internationalization:
 - Thierry Witschge: All documents? Board Meetings and such are not online so do those have to be translated as well?
 - Kirsten Koolhof: Good point, we will adjust that.
 - Amelie van den Boom: Maybe also translate the Child Studies document? So that the 2 International Board members can also understand when all Dutch Board members drop out.
 - Sjoerd van den Assem: You wrote Pedagogiek Commissie but it is PedCie.
 - Kirsten Koolhof: We will change that.
- Kirsten Koolhof: Policy Continuation – General Meeting:
 - Demi Acquoy: Is it needed to have a chair? I see 4 board people doing nothing right now.
 - Damian Waij: I agree, not that I don't want to but it is not needed.
 - Kirsten Koolhof: Very good thing to think about.
 - Naomi van der Berg: We did it because of very crowded meetings (60-70 people) so now that General Meetings gets less visited it is not needed that much.
 - Iris Doodeman: I see that you use Chair instead of Chairman. I also saw it in promotion like "become a chair" so I would suggest changing that.
 - Kirsten Koolhof: Yes that is a good point, thank you.
 - Damian Waij: it actually is a proper translation but I understand the confusion.
 - Mike Bisschop: You are going to discuss GM-chairman but in Dutch it states that there will be selected at every meeting. Is it that way?
 - Kirsten Koolhof: We should change that, thanks.
- Kirsten Koolhof: Policy Continuation – General Board Meeting:

Demi Acquoy: Last year everyone was saying nothing at all, only the Council of Advice was speaking. How are you going to improve that?

Kirsten Koolhof: When you are 1-on-1 with your chairman we can really talk about it to cast your voice and such, we want to stimulate it that way and show them the added value for us.

Sjoerd van den Assem: What are you doing when a chair refuses to do this?

Kirsten Koolhof: If you don't want to do it, we will not.

Sjoerd van den Assem: Then it is not reached as a policy plan. Something to think about.

Eline Garssen: Or change it to sit down or something a week before?

Kirsten Koolhof: I think what we can do is state it else but still have the point.

Amelie van den Boom: If people refuse you can question the Chairman who don't want to sit once every six weeks with their contact person.

Eleanor Koomen: I get what you are saying so maybe change it to "contact them"

Kirsten Koolhof: We will adjust it.

Mike Bisschop: So I think as a tip for the General Board Meeting, talk through the structure that you want from an contact person, what will you discuss and what now. Chairman A says a lot and B nothing, make it more structured and even.

Kirsten Koolhof: Good point.

- Kirsten Koolhof: Policy Continuation – Meetings:

Amelie van den Boom: If you mention G5 also mention UFO.

Kirsten Koolhof: Good point.

Mike Bisschop: This point not in the Dutch version.

Kirsten Koolhof: We will add it for sure.

- Kirsten Koolhof: Policy Continuation – Special Occasions:

Mike Bisschop: Now it sounds like it's a big thing.

Eleanor Koomen: It is a big thing.

Mike Bisschop: This is not policy but more a fact.

Kirsten Koolhof: Perhaps don't start with the?

Mike Bisschop: Don't start with the.

Amelie van den Boom: Even if it is a minor point, Christmas cards is still new so maybe move it elsewhere in the policy.

- Kirsten Koolhof: Policy Continuation – Budgets:

Sjoerd van den Assem: The way it is now is that the remainder states that you will organize an event on its own, not an existing one. So, I would say "will be used by the board for an event for active members".

Kirsten Koolhof: So adjust it to use it also for say Active Member Weekend?

Sjoerd van den Assem: Yes, more in general.

Kirsten Koolhof: Okay.

Thierry Witschge: The day before the General Meeting exact? Not 2 days ahead or more? Not one day sooner or later?

Kirsten Koolhof: Good point, we will change it.

- Kirsten Koolhof: Policy Continuation – Education:

- o Kirsten Koolhof: This has been done during 'Introduction Psychology' and during 'Introduction Pedagogiek'.

Naomi van der Berg: Will you also sell tickets using the iZettle?

Kirsten Koolhof: Yes.

Alessia van Overbeeke: We sold one convention ticket!

Naomi van der Berg: Maybe add that?

- Kirsten Koolhof: Policy Continuation – First Aid Course:

Naomi van der Berg: I made this point last year as well so I will keep it short: I would not say “they can give aid to members” because in some instances they call 112 or there is no need for it so I would not start with it like this.

Kirsten Koolhof: Okay we will keep it in mind.

- Kirsten Koolhof: Policy Continuation – Alcohol and Drug Policy:

Thierry Witschge: It was actually 2017-2018.

Kirsten Koolhof: We will adjust it.

- Kirsten Koolhof: Epilogue:

Applause from the crowd

Damian Waij: How is everybody feeling right now? Anyone who needs a break?

Mike Bisschop: Was the following considered for your policy: Bart mailed some points. Try and get a minimum of 30 members at your General Meeting at least. At the moment we are with not much people and since we are with almost 2000 people, having 20 is scarce. Also, he would like to see all Chairman from last year in our General Meeting.

Naomi van der Berg: Overall, I think it’s nice but I am missing some things from the long-term plan: it’s a document that policy plan needs to support but I think it’s not done enough. I would consider doing points from that outside of the policy.

Kirsten Koolhof: Good point.

10. Financial statement 2019-2020

- **Alessia van Overbeeke presents the Financial Statement 2019-2020.**

- Income

Sjoerd van den Assem: Why is it book sales and sponsorship?

Eline Garssen: Because you get a percentage which is book sales and sponsorship is of the book sales.

Sjoerd van den Assem: Bank account interested is lower, did you calculate it?

Alessia van Overbeeke: I tried but didn’t succeed so we tried to estimate it as advised but will look into it.

Eleanor Koomen: I would not lower Friends of the VSPVU because parent’s day can bring a lot of friends. In 71 you had 120€ so it is really do-able.

Thierry Witschge: This is my taste but if there is 0 money something please just write 0 instead of a dash.

Alessia van Overbeeke: I will look at it for next time.

Liz Masselink: I suggest making interest lower and Friends of the VSPVU higher since it will only drop more or even become negative.

Naomi van der Berg: Same.

Demi Acquoy: Just so you know my kids found the pdfs already of all books online so they will not buy the books. And I wanted to buy my books from a minor which is not sold since they are Dutch books.

Andrew de Ruiter: I think that might be more of an issue outside of the General Meeting.

- Board activities

Thierry Witschge: 450 for Active Member Day sounds low? Will the price be low? Because Active Member Day is only fun things and free drinks in the day so it could be higher.

Alessia van Overbeeke: I see that I have to change this since expenses are incorrect.

Mike Bisschop: Focus on budgeted results, that is most important.

Liz Masselink: Mini-events is 600 euros which is 100 euros more, yet I didn't read anything about mini-events so do you have plans?

Kirsten Koolhof: A lot of pre-borrel events, so not bigger but more.

- Committees

Liz Masselink: Why did you lower Lustrum Committee?

Alessia van Overbeeke: We wanted to have a look if other posts have more use for it.

Liz Masselink: Okay but they need a lot so if you have over but it into there.

Sjoerd van den Assem: About Lustrum: Same remark but we got 20.000 euros this year so what is 500 euros on that amount? It's our biggest activity. Also, I love the yearbook but 150 euros more is not really needed since Demi did it for less than me. More money is always welcome but this is a little much and can better go to say Lustrum.

Alessia van Overbeeke: Thank you.

Thierry Witschge: Why put more on LEX since they had a struggle putting money on activities? It's only expensive catering so I think that giving more money is only better lunches. So, either grant them this amount but ask more from them?

Alessia van Overbeeke: We want to do a symposium with more famous speakers which is more expensive so that is why we want to invest in it.

Thierry Witschge: How much did you invest on speakers for say the Convention?

Alessia van Overbeeke: nothing.

Thierry Witschge: So why raise money for LEX for speakers then?

Alessia van Overbeeke: Foreign speakers are more expensive which is why we want to invest in that.

Thierry Witschge: Okay but if you want LEX to be better again then its fine, just as long as there is a plan.

Mike Bisschop: I disagree with Sjoerd, I think it's good and has been struggling for years now. Sjoerd was also having financial issues so I don't know. As well Study Trip during the year planning as well. We made the mistake to make it in the May vacation so I would suggest changing it up in the year planning. If you think on doing this, evaluate this year and shuffle it all. See what can be done differently for years.

Pieter Braak: Does it have to be a summer vacation at all?

Thierry Witschge: No.

Kirsten Koolhof: Also a lot of holidays are there as well so there is not a lot of choice.

Mike Bisschop: That is exactly why.

Kirsten Koolhof: We will look into it.

Mike Bisschop: I agree but adding 150 euros on Study Trip is not going to help because if you have 40 people then it's 3,75 per person so I would say it would not help. So, I would also suggest taking another look at the year schedule.

Eleanor Koomen: Why would you raise the Activity Committee?

Alessia van Overbeeke: They asked for the flexible budget but can maybe change it to Lustrum.

Eleanor Koomen: But they gave it back so it was not needed. Also why do a symposium as well as a convention? This means that LEX will not do many small lectures and it would put eyes off from the convention.

Alessia van Overbeeke: It will have 2 small lectures and the symposium is near the end so it would not harm the convention.

Eleanor Koomen: Okay but I don't see the added value because the Convention is already struggling a bit and would be mostly the same thing.

Amelie van den Boom: I agree with trying something new with the LEX. For the yearbook the added budget is really welcome because it saves on sponsorship. The Lustrum already has received 750 euros more than the lustrum back 5 years ago. A lot went wrong that year and money was involved, but it was not the main reason so money can go somewhere else as well.

Liz Masselink: I also think that if you will do a symposium with foreign speakers, 400 euros is not enough. Also, if you want a good symposium it's not enough. So, or raise the budget and make a good symposium or give the LEX less money and do fun excursions.

Sterre Klazes: I think it's nice to have a larger study-related event because the convention is nice but it is also good to show that there is more than only the Convention.

- Board expenses

Liz Masselink: Why do you expect more fixed costs?

Alessia van Overbeeke: That's what you suggested.

Liz Masselink: okay that's fine. Also, for external relations: for tutor lunches and such. Normally it is SSPN and LOOP so maybe split them up in the budget; tutors to investments and SSPN and LOOP here. Now it is really unclear for me what you are going to invest in tutors.

Alessia van Overbeeke: Okay thank you.

Mike Bisschop: I disagree since tutors are external relations and as Alessia told us there is around 150 euros for the tutor Borrels.

Liz Masselink: I meant it otherwise but if it is clear to others keep it this way.

Naomi van der Berg: about General Meetings; investing 400 euros a year for 20 people? Maybe invest more in promotion for it because otherwise it would not really make sense.

- Investments

Pieter Braak: About other board gifts. Raising it by 50 euros, on the one hand I agree and on the other I don't. It is only for other Boards and kind of wrong to other members. Other question was about raising the VSPVU-room with 50 euros. What are you planning?

Alessia van Overbeeke: Lot of plans which cannot go through thanks to FCO.

Kirsten Koolhof: We want to make a wooden wall where we can put up pictures, like a chalkboard where you can write and put things. Photos of members, texts for others etc. which is very expensive.

Pieter Braak: What if you cannot use all of it?

Kirsten Koolhof: We want a new closet for the board room, one for the member room, a new bar and more stuff which is still looking into.

Alessia van Overbeeke: It is also to organize the board room better as well as making the room cozier.

Eleanor Koomen: the First Aid course is for 25 people and only for General Board Meeting-members?

Alessia van Overbeeke: General Board Meeting-members have priority and if it is not full other members can join the event.

Eleanor Koomen: 600 euros is a lot for 25 people.

Alessia van Overbeeke: Yes we know, health insurances reimburse this for the certificate and we can make it 40 euros per person then. The only thing is that not all insurances reimburse this.

Eleanor Koomen: Okay but if I am correct you will get 900 euros income divided 25 people is 36 euros. If people want to follow the first aid course, they are okay with paying more so decrease it maybe.

Alessia van Overbeeke: We can look into it since we expected this a bit.

Sjoerd van den Assem: You brought Misc. Investments back to 450 euros and if I am correct you will aim for 200 euros more?

Alessia van Overbeeke: Last year it was aimed at 250 euros and Liz Masselink told me it was low.

Liz Masselink: I would suggest a bit higher, but all think about what you will do with it as well. Make it a bit higher for breathing room however you have to think of some things that might be Misc. Investments which are not in the financial statement.

Alessia van Overbeeke: We also want to do Christmas cards which we cannot get from porto/print.

Sjoerd van den Assem: Sure but what will be 200€? Cards are not enough for it.

Mike Bisschop: All investments you can't get to from your original budget will go here so it should be fine. They added a lot to committees so it should be fine. About the First Aid course: in my year we got a lot of critique and we lowered the price with 'Bring the money to something else. And also now it looks like merchandise is only investment and not income, so look at that.

Alessia van Overbeeke: That is a good thing, forgot. Thanks!

Naomi van der Berg: About the First Aid; I think it is not needed. If people want to be saved you can follow this course it in your own time.

Alessia van Overbeeke: It can save lives though. It really good to invest.

Naomi van der Berg: It is not not needed, but as an association should we have that responsibility? Also, we should not put that much on environment since 320 euros is a lot. I like how the budget is made but some things are not for psychology/child studies. Maybe you can look into that. Also 2 other points: first, "Liz gave me the advice" it's nice to say but it's your budget so be advised to do you own thing and have your own reasoning. You are doing great so I do not mean it mean, but I would advise that. Second, I don't see a lot of plans from the policy plan which costs a lot of money. There are not many expenses

planned, maybe that is also why it looks divided weirdly. So, I would say invest less on stuff that might not be needed.

Alessia van Overbeeke: Okay, thank you.

Thierry Witschge: About Misc. Investments: 200 euros extra is a lot but can be useful. Keep an eye on it during the year so that you don't throw away money. Look back at it halfway through the year please. Second, paper cutlery is expensive sure, but maybe look at metal cutlery which we can clean and re-use for many years to come. Maybe look into it as well.

Alessia van Overbeeke: Yes we will for sure look at it.

Amelie van den Boom: Keep a lot on Misc. Investments since your policy plan might have some stuff that will be a lot of money. Also, maybe place money on the online committee or elsewhere in case that the faculty will not give the money.

Alessia van Overbeeke: Will do, thank you.

- Active Member Rewards

Liz Masselink: You estimate on 108 active members including or excluding yourselves?

Alessia van Overbeeke: Including.

Liz Masselink: About Battle of the Committees: why less money?

Alessia van Overbeeke: Since we see it as a bit of a waste.

Liz Masselink: Well it is good for bonding and since the name tag on a prize is expensive already so I would not cut money off the Battle of the Committees, but then take it from the General Board Meeting-outing.

Mike Bisschop: Will you do something else then hoodies or anything since it states clothing?

Alessia van Overbeeke: There are no set plans yet but we want to keep the options open to every kind of clothing.

Amelie van den Boom: You got a lot of new members. They had first year packages to hand out to promote the VSPVU and since you have a lot of extra new members, maybe look into that.

Alessia van Overbeeke: Yes we will, thank you.

- Totals

Alessia van Overbeeke: Unforeseen is calculated by total investments / 95 * 5. Excluding the expenses from the committees since they have their own.

- All adjustments, suggestions and improvements stated have been adjusted in the Policy Plan and Estimated Budget.

11. Council of Advice 2019-2020

Kirsten Koolhof: We would now like to announce the Council of Advice to present their selves.

Damian Waij: Hello it's me again. It's my fourth year here. First year chair convention, second year board, third year chairman LEX. I think I have a lot of experience to help guide them through their hard times. I am very direct in my opinions and they like that so far. I will always be for them and will always do my best for the best advice.

Liz Masselink: How will you make sure your motivation is high and will you make enough time for this? Last year you didn't find motivation again.

Damian Waij: I really want to do this. I did LEX since I wasn't accepted as CoA previous year. The thing is that what is different is that I don't have to organize; I help and they respond. I do have time for that. I will always be there for them.

Eline Garssen: It will take a lot of time each week.

Damian Waij: I did 2 transcripts already and I believe I can handle that. Also, I get to give my opinions so I think it's perfect for me.

Amelie van den Boom: I am 23 and this is my sixth year. I have been in the Lex, Pedcie, Board, Hitchhike Committee, Convention and now Advisory Board. Wanted to do this for a few years now, I am very nosy, want to share my opinion and I think that I am a good fit for this.

Pieter Braak: Congratulations. Question for both: you can be kind strict from what I know. Have you thought about being less strict together?

Damian Waij: I think it also gives a lot of positive feedback so I try to find compliments and positive feedback so that is my opinion.

Amelie van den Boom: I agree and they know it from us and from what we know they seem to appreciate it as well.

Thierry Witschge: Are you planning on going to all activities and meetings?

Amelie van den Boom: I like being there so it should not be an issue.

Damian Waij: same. I wasn't at Borrels much so I have to become lit again. I also love all other activities like Borrels and LEX et cetera because I am excited about those.

Liz Masselink: Do you have a way of handling things? For example, we had coffee dates to relax and take us out of the stuff; do you have it planned?

Amelie van den Boom: Not yet but I believe that we will do that for sure, we did an outing in the summer as well so I think it should become fine.

Liz Masselink: we really liked it so do it.

Mike Bisschop: what do you seek in your Advisory Board and have specific things you want from them?

Kirsten Koolhof: Honest and hardly said: directly say what we should do and how we can improve.

Alessia van Overbeeke: They should keep us down to earth and they do that and I really like that.

Mike Bisschop: And the other way around, so Advisory Board to the Board, how can you help?

Damian Waij: Being direct and honest. I also have a treasurer input which can help.

Amelie van den Boom: I am good at stating stupid facts that went wrong and tend to be forgotten.

Pieter Braak: Are you planning on winning Battle of the Committees again?

Amelie van den Boom: if Damian is on it as well then yes for sure!

12. Financial Audit Committee 2019-2020

Kirsten Koolhof: We would now like to announce the Financial Audit Committee to present their selves.

Damian Waij: Like said I have a financial background, I will not be doing it alone though, I will help with Lara as well but she is sick at the moment so I will be helped as well.

Naomi van der Berg: Don't you have a lot to do now?

Damian Waij: I believe that Financial Audit will not take up that much time that it will still be doable for me and this time I estimated it way better.

Pieter Braak: Board, you are planning on having 1 person on Advisory Board and Financial Audit; I was wondering to Mike how it was to you?

Mike Bisschop: Decent to have, very good to have at least 1 person on both and I also think that the Board will have more time in catching up the other Financial Audit Committee person as well so that she (in this case Lara) is still involved.

Pieter Braak: Because for this reason I would suggest separating them.

Eline Garssen: You are doing your Master in 1 year? How is that for business?

Damian Waij: Very doable. I will not doing an internship so I only have courses, which is perfectly fine.

Eline Garssen: What if you have to choose? Drop courses or Advisory Board work?

Damian Waij: I will not drop courses but let's say worst case scenario it is impossible: I will put my work first in the financial part. But there are more open spots for the Advisory Board so everyone who still wants to join...

Mike Bisschop: I wanted to say that while Lara is not here now, her work is very precise and accurate and I believe that the both of them will be great.

Alessia van Overbeeke: Are there any questions for Lara?

Mike Bisschop: Who is going to answer them?

Damian Waij: I do think that Lara and I will be a dream team.

13. Voting

Policy Plan – 28 total

In favor: 23

Against: 2

Neutral: 3

Estimated Budget – 27 total

In favor: 22

Against: 4

Neutral: 1

Financial Auditors – Lara Bodewitz – 27 total

In favor: 26

Neutral: 1

Financial Auditors – Damian Waij – 27 total

In favor: 25

Neutral: 2

Advisory Board – Damian Waij – 27 total

In favor: 24

Against: 1

Neutral: 2

Advisory Board – Amelie van den Boom – 27 total

In favor: 26

Neutral: 1

14. Ideas

Kirsten Koolhof: There were 2 ideas from the idea box: the first one is "karaoke knalfuif moffel" and the second one is "karaoke knalfuif biertje". We will look into these.

15. Important Dates

- 12/09 - Meet the Committees
- 12/09 - Hitchhike Borrel #1: Packed!
- 17/09 - Activity #4: 'Let's go outdoor
- 24/09 - Hitchhike Borrel #2: Travel!
- 27/09 - PedCie #4: Emma Kinderziekenhuis
- 01/10 - Convention 2019: Bedroom Stories
- 02/10 - BarCo #0
- 04/10-06/10 - Hitchhike Weekend: Take the Trip!
- 15/01 - General Meeting #2

16. A.O.B.

- Filling up committees
Naomi van der Berg: Committees are not filled yet with little chairman. How will you solve this issue?
Kirsten Koolhof: Tomorrow is Meet The Committees with the bar at 4 so hopefully that will motivate. All psychology and child studies have gotten a message and we did lecture talks. There was social media promotion, face-to-face promotion. We have the list of addresses of e-mails. I think it will become good.
Naomi van der Berg: How are the talks going with people who are interested?
Kirsten Koolhof: For now they are going good.
Naomi van der Berg: And the promotion for chairmans?
Kirsten Koolhof: Many people are interested and want to talk with the chairman of previous years on the Meet the Committees event.
Amelie van den Boom: How is it going with the video about the chairmans?
Alessia van Overbeeke: We recorded multiple chairmans and will make a promotion video about it.
Mike Bisschop: Are you planning on paid promotion for this event?
Kirsten Koolhof: Yes we are.
Mike Bisschop: Because I would suggest also doing an "you are chair based on the interest" post.

17. Questions

- Amelie van den Boom: Please contact Convention.
- Thierry Witschge: Do you have new applications for the next General Board meeting?
- Kirsten Koolhof: Not yet, but a lot are interested and want to wait for tomorrow.
- Thierry Witschge: So no mails for Chairmans yet?
- Kirsten Koolhof: not yet.

18. Closing

- Closed at 00:21