You can buy books in the bookshop at the VU or online. If you wish to buy your books in the bookshop, you can find our desk at the VU Boekhandel in the main building. The VU Boekhandel is on the left side of the main entrance, our desk is in the basement of the VU Boekhandel. You can find an overview of books per study over here.
When are we open?
For the sale of study books, the opening hours are as followed:
- The first week of period 1, 2, 4 and 5:
Monday and Tuesday from 10.00 till 14.00, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday from 12:00 till 14:00
- The second week of period 1, 2, 4 and 5:
Every business day from 12:00 till 14:00
Are you unable to come to the VU but still want to buy books? You can buy books with discount (if you became a member) via this link. Is it your first time visiting this website? Then click on Register and make an account. When making an account you can say that you are a VSPVU member in order to get your discounts. The account of vspvu.com is not the same as the book store website (vspvu.vuboekhandel.nl)! If your order your books before 17.00, your order will be shipped the same day to you, but you can also choose to pick the books up at the Bookstore.
Information about second-handed books
Do you have study books you no longer use? Sell them via the VSPVU. You would receive a good price for your study books and you would also support your association. It is very easy! We sell them in collaboration with the VU Boekhandel. They know which books are prescribed and pay when they sell. You do not have to come to the VSPVU room for this. The systems works like this:
- Go to vspvu.vuboekhandel.nl.
- Click on the button "Sell your textbooks".
- Enter your study books. You can only offer books that are mandatory study books.
- If the book has been sold, you will recieve a message.
- Come to the VU Boekhandel with the notification and your books within three business days.
- The notification says from which association you are.
- You will immediately recieve your money from the VU Boekhandel.
- If your book has not been sold after a long period of time, you will recieve a notification asking if you still want to offer it. We obviously hope this will not happen. As an association we hope you will want to offer all of your used books for sale.
For questions, please contact the VU Boekhandel via email@example.com. Second-hand books are available on the VU Boekhandel website!